1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Online Chatroom virtual xxx Addict, seeking to pull myself out of it

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Aaron1986, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Aaron1986

Aaron1986 Fapstronaut

I'm a 30 something guy who has been talking to strangers in online chatrooms since about 15 years now. I am totally done with this habit of mine and I believe that its taking away from my real life.
    I would be really happy to someone who has struggled with something similar in the past. Would be good to have a mentor here.
    Thanks!

2. Hey,
    welcome here.
    Yeah, spending time in chatrooms isn't a good thing to build your real life on.
    Why not start a journal? Writing things of your chest can be very helpful, and other people can give you some constructive feed back.

Good luck!

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO and in your situation, chat rooms?

4. Aaron1986

Aaron1986 Fapstronaut

Hey! That's a great idea. I will start one - will first take some time to figure-out exactly that is located on this website.
    Thanks for your prompt response

5. Aaron1986

Aaron1986 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Besides going cold-turkey on PMO for about the last 5-6 days, I have been occupying myself in work and meditation (introspection). I have come to realized that in my case the addiction to chatrooms started off with a sense of lonliness. It later grew to a point where I felt comfortable being lonely in real life as long as I had a bunch of people to talk to online. I grew to keep away from people in real life, which in turn has had some unfortunate implications on my relationships.
    My plan so far is simple - take one day at a time and try to keep myself on active on this website so that I learn from the experiences of those before me.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
    Hope to stay connected on this website.

Aaron

6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Aaron1986 likes this.