1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Online sexual relationship

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Has anyone here experienced an online sexual relationship and told their spouse about it? I have had such an experience for years and just recently decided to confess the whole thing to my wife. The reason I confessed is because I wanted this to stop. I can't help asking myself if I could have stopped without telling my wife or was telling my wife the only way to stop it. Since I didn't try the former method, I'll never have the answer. What I have now is guilt and shame for my behavior and a tremendous price to pay for finally being honest. My wife never deserved this and it's because of me and my indefensible behavior that she is forced to find a way, her way, through means of emotional healing and soul-searching.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2018
  2. Drock989

Drock989 Fapstronaut

I myself did then same, but she found out on her own, I didn't have the balls to tell her myself, it absolutely crushed her, and I broke all the trust that she had with me, since then I have done nothing but make living amends and have developed complete transparency with my wife, it has taken some time but I believe I am slowly gaining some of the trust I once had with her. she put her ring back on yesterday :) , and for that I will never forget the feeling I had once I seen it back on her finger,, because I can't be hypocritical on the matter, if our s.o's did what we have done to them... I'm sure you know what we would do.. not entirely sure what kind of advice you are looking for, but I say complete honesty and transparency is key, me and my wife almost talk about it daily, the more you talk about something the less power you give it, and also it shows your wife you can be vulnerable at times, which is ok, and she will appreciate it