1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Origin of Usernames

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

I love this thread. I generally love names with a story.

Mine is a shortened version of my previous username. QuittingForever. After I hit the 90 recently, I updated my username. It sounds English although I have no idea what it means :p

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Aiyoshi and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I thought so. Looks like a tweaker to me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Huesu

Huesu New Fapstronaut

Huesu is a refference to Hi I'm Gosu, a League of Legends Player. As I'm Brazilian, I used "Hi I'm Huesu" as my nickname in the game for a while. As I'm not creative with nicknames, I still use it sometimes.

4. TheFutureMe

TheFutureMe Fapstronaut

Well somewhere during my initial wanderings on the forums I read someone saying : "When you're about to do it, just pause 10 seconds and ask the future you if he/she thinks it was worth it - there's little chance the answer will be positive."
    And after trying this a couple of times I realized how powerful and true that was. So I made it mine and now I see it everyday when I come on the forums!

5. Really clever.;)

Deadlihood likes this.
  6. AliWantsOut

AliWantsOut Fapstronaut

Well, Ali's my actual first name, and the "I want out" I think I got from a game called The Last of Us and also since I want to be free of PMO addiction

7. AliWantsOut

AliWantsOut Fapstronaut

And my profile picture is when Elon Musk was on south park, two things I'm a huge fan of!

8. Frühlingstimme

Frühlingstimme Fapstronaut

hi Huesu, I'm from Brazil too. Tudo de bom!

Huesu likes this.
  9. Huesu

Huesu New Fapstronaut

It's great to know that there's more users from here. Obrigado!

10. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Leauge of legends,
    An online game. Kennen is one of the cutest champions.

Frühlingstimme likes this.
  11. burningmidnight

burningmidnight Fapstronaut

The words sounded nice together.

Quiver likes this.
  12. peraaclom

peraaclom Fapstronaut

My "normal" username for other services is a contraption of my name a surname; the one I'm using here is an acronym of that.. .

Boring story, but hey, I'm an engineer. . . :D

HappyDaysAreHereAgain and Quiver like this.
  13. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

After I was about 6 weeks into my 90 day hard goal, I was regularly waking up with morning wood and feeling more like a teenager than I thought possible. I dropped my meaningless name for one that described how good I was feeling. Some of it comes from the old TV show and some from the song.

Aiyoshi and peraaclom like this.
  14. peraaclom

peraaclom Fapstronaut

So the username can be changed??

Maybe I'll give it a second thought, and choose something that doesn't look like the name of a headache prescription... :D:D:D:D:D

Quiver and HappyDaysAreHereAgain like this.
  15. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

I like your name.
    A quiver is a tube, usually leather, that ties diagonally across to the back to hold arrows. A bow hunter needs a bow and a quiver of arrows.
    I had no idea of the meaning of your name. I just saw it as the the English word connected with hunting.
    Quiver can also be a verb. To quiver is to shake or tremble slightly, as in, "As he approached her, he quivered when she touched his arm."

Quiver likes this.
  16. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

Hahaha.
    Yes, on your personal page. You can only do it once every 90 days. You submit your request a wait a day or two for approval.

17. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

That's funny. I like my name ever better now. Sounds mysterious and familiar at the same time

18. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut

My story's a bit odd.
    Long, long ago...basically when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, I'm so old...I played a game called "X-Wing vs. TIE-Fighter". I had just become a Star Wars fan and Lord Vader was my favorite character. So obviously, my profile name for that game had to be "Lord...". I also happened to be playing Ocarina of Time at the time on an N64 I had borrowed from a friend while he was on vacation. So I became "Lord Zelda" (shut up, I was like...9).
    At some point, presumably when my friend pointed out that Zelda was actually a girl (I was 9, remember), I changed my name to "Lord Sirius".
    (Now, the next two steps might have happened the other way around. It doesn't really matter.)
    At some point, again, I don't remember the exact reason, I picked a "last name" for myself and became "Sirius Drake". I think I might have just picked a name that sounded cool for when I was filling out one of those stupid registration forms software came with back then. I always enjoyed filling those out with made up bullshit.
    Around the same time, I first listened to the German audio book of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone". Like I said, it was in German but Sirius Black's name, more importantly, his first name, was pronounced in English by the narrator and I thought that sounded neat. I'm pretty sure I already knew back then that he was called "Sirius" because I had read the book before. But I still somehow thought my name should be spelled "Syrus" to make sure nobody pronounced in like the German "Sirius"...hence "Syrus Drake".

This name has served me well over the years. I've only encountered one or two websites where it was already taken so I never really have to come up with a username. I just use my...name. This is my name just as much as my real name at this point. Of course, it also has a downside: It isn't really anonymous anymore. If one of my internet friends found my profile on this website, they could be almost 100% sure it was me. In fact, even some of my real life friends would recognize me because they know my alias and that I use the same one everywhere.

Aiyoshi, Deadlihood and Quiver like this.
  19. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

ok whatever lord zelda

20. SyrusDrake

SyrusDrake Fapstronaut