1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Orthodox Prayer Rope?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. I'm not Orthodox but have looked into it some and in doing so came across prayer ropes. Seeing how they were used really appealed to me and I ordered one via eBay. I have used it some and not near to the amount that I would like to. PMO has greatly diminished my ability to stay focused on what I'm doing and really shortened my attention span. I hate that it has affected me to the point where I can't even discipline myself to use it properly. I will reapply myself and work on feeling God's presence while I do, that is something I can't say I've ever truly felt yet. I was curious if anyone here uses them and if you have any advice for me on the subject? If you haven't used them or know about them I strongly suggest checking them out. Their potential for being able to focus the mind on God rather than certain other abominable things is tremendous.

geester likes this.
  2. There are many tools to help us in our journey toward Christ. But they only work if we use them! :)

Roady likes this.
  3. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I sometimes use a form of Jesus prayer when in temptation or when I feel under stress or pressure. Or afraid, angry .... I repeat Jesus name many times, adding some spontan words if I feel to say them or only focusing my attention on Jesus's presence, repeating His Name. It always works, temptations go away after some time.

geester, Myfortress and BB82 like this.
  4. I use my rosary often, also got an Anglican rosary and there's a unitarian prayer bead, There useful is basically like a mantra meditation. I like my rosary the most as I have memorized the words... always useful. Might look into the orthodox prayer rope my self be more masculine innit.

BB82 likes this.
  5. !mkj!

!mkj! Fapstronaut

Brother, I'm not familiar with Orthodox prayer ropes. I'll ask one of the members of our ecumenical community who is an Orthodox priest.
    For keeping your mind on things other than pmo I recommend reading scripture and meditate on what Our Lord might be saying to you through the passage(s) you read.
    God bless

BB82 and flor3334 like this.
  6. mediocrellama

mediocrellama Fapstronaut

I see you posted this a while ago and I am wondering if you continued using the prayer rope. And if so, what prayers have you used with it. I have always been fascinated by prayer ropes, and found they can be helpful when used.