Others here that lift weights, track macros/diet, etc.?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by StraightEdge3616, Apr 5, 2018.

1. StraightEdge3616

StraightEdge3616 Fapstronaut

I would love to have someone here to bounce ideas off with through private messages and just to chat in general with on the topic. I've lifted for at least 10-12 years and I absolutely love it but I still have a lot to improve on. I'm only 6'1" and 170 lbs but it's a huge part of my life about 3-4 times a week.

I think I've seen others around that enjoy it like myself so feel free to PM me!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    MasterGamer likes this.
  2. PedroCalrissian

PedroCalrissian Fapstronaut

I learned how to lift in high school playing for the hockey team, but never really took it too seriously. Anyway, about a year ago I decided I was gonna put some real effort into the gym. I started at 140 lbs and I'm also 6 ft, now I'm 170 pounds. After I got back into the groove of lifting I switched my workout from a 10-12 rep basic bodybuilding to a 5-6 rep workout of mostly compound lifts. I lift about 80-90% of my one rep max . From my research online this is a better program for ectomorphs.
    I think the most important thing for me has been eating at least 3000 calories a day, which is pretty hard for me. To meet this goal I make a protein milkshake after dinner pretty regularly and track my calories in the "my fitness pal" app. The app also breaks what % of the calories are from fat, protein, and carbs.

3. yugowolf1991

yugowolf1991 Fapstronaut

I was a personal trainer for 3 years and I love lifting currently doing a push pull legs split which is my go to split.
    Don't track my diet etc though I probably should to some degree

4. StraightEdge3616

StraightEdge3616 Fapstronaut

Bump again for any other replies or PM. Haven't gotten any so far, thanks!

5. MasterGamer

MasterGamer Fapstronaut

I also do lift and track macros ! One of the reasons why i am trying to stop pmo is to have more testosterone to build muscles ! Each time that i pmo i have less motivation to go to the gym and this is a second reason why i am trying to stop .

Currently :
    145lb
    5,9ft
    Around 15 percent bodyfat, i look muscular but i can't see my abs lol

6. KINs

KINs Fapstronaut

4 years ago i was 15 and weighted approximately 130 KGs 2 years ago i was weighting 85 KGs and had added some muscle since.Since then though i got 10 KGs back but not only fat.
    My problem is that i can t control my eating habits anymore or at least for a period longer than 1 week.
    Can anyone give some advice?

7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I do intermittent fasting track macros and lift weights and run. My gains have slowed because I don't lift heavy enough weights. I'm doing upwards of 20 reps with my 25 lb dumbbells but that's heaviest weights I have access to. I'm 5'9 170 I look best at around 160 so currently cutting to have more definition for the summer.