1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Outing a pedophile..

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by noonoon, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Obviously, but this is a unique situation. Not everything I say about a unique situation can be applied to every other situation in the world.

In the case of someone who has sexually abused a child, I don't care what anyone says about the risk they think that person poses. They need to get help or be locked up. That's not a normal thing. It's not like we are talking about someone punching someone in the face because they were mad, but they probably won't do it again, so let's just forgive and forget. We are talking about a person who decided to sexually molest a child. That's not soemthing your average person is capable of even considering doing, and it's not a mindset your average person can understand enough to determine whether they think that person is a risk to other children. That's for professionals to decide, which is why it needs to be reported, so trained professionals can be involved. Anything less than that is irresponsible, in my opinion.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  2. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

I certainly appreciate the discussion. I am reading and thinking. It was my uncle who did it (not my brother), and it's was to a close family member. They're all much older now. The uncle was a heavy drug user when this happened but since then has been sober for well over 20 years. His current partner knows what happened. I keep the details close to the truth but not entirely true to keep a certain level of anonymity.

Deleted Account and vxlccm like this.
  3. Maaaaannn, you get us all riled up for nothing. That completely changes everything :emoji_angry:. Anonymity deez nutz, it's not like we would've known where you lived if you had told us the actual story. Anyways, in this case I would just let it go but still remind your uncle to pay what he owes by helping other victims of molestation in some kind of way. If it were my uncle, I'd blackmail him if he refused my suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2017
    noonoon likes this.
  4. How about every time he leaves your house you play the Sting song I'll be Watching You... then just stare at him in a creepy way as he leaves.

noonoon likes this.
  5. Yeah, that sort of does change things. Personally, I still think it's difficult to picture someone being capable of doing something like that and never having the desire to do it again. Because as I said, it's not a normal thing at all. I believe there are certain things every human could be capable of if put under the right circumstances, like punching someone in the face or possibly even murder. But molesting a child is not one of those things. I feel like someone who does that has some serious issues that we average people aren't capable of handling.

One thing we haven't reallt suggested yet is talking to him about it more openly. Maybe sit him down and have a conversation about the whole thing, so you can see for yourself whether or not he seems like a risk, or if it seems like something that would never happen again.

I still stand by my view that most of us average people aren't capable of knowing whether or not the person is a threat, which is why we have trained psychologists who can do that for us. But obviously all of this is up to you. I pray you have wisdom in your decisions and feel confident in whatever path you choose to take.

noonoon likes this.
  6. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Thank you all for your comments. As I considered your responses I realized additional detail was necessary to clarify. Just that realization alone shows that this process is helping. As for "getting all riled up" - @Jewels - it's a difficult topic. Sorry if you feel it was a waste of your time. It wasn't a waste for me. Thank you all for taking the time to post.

7. Lol, it's all good man.