1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Over 100 days PM free! Lessons learned

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Gandalf the White, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Screen time creates more dopamine which could overlap the PMO dopamine which could be the reason for PIED. I would suggest cutting screen time or cutting another dopamine factor in your life & see how you react, maybe if you can’t cut screen time Do it without the blue light

2. Edging will only desensitize your penis

3. Hey, thanks for your reply.

Hard to say, we all start at different places and to an extent require different approaches.

But to put it bluntly: rewiring your brain takes times EVEN when you abstain fully.
    Edging still makes your brain get used to high stimulation for an extended period.
    Given that I am far from cured after 37 days of 100% no PMO, you will probably draw out your recovery to insanely long periods of time if you spend 2 hours a day edging.

I'm no expert though so I can't say for sure.
    My recommendation would be try to be PMO free 1 day at a time and try to get rid of the habit altogether.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  4. agreed it's the same type of habit. n
    not at all as strong as edging and reaching orgasm but still similar.
    I can definitely cut back on it. And i need to

5. You can do it bro! Get a Nokia & you’ll be set haha

6. Make a rule to keep electronics out of your bed. When you go to bed, go right to sleep. After a while you will start assosiating the bed with just sleep. Then it gets a lot easier.

Gandalf the White likes this.
  7. James-London

James-London Fapstronaut

hi guys - I just had this idea.... Would wearing a condom throughout the day be helpful? I know that sounds ridiculous but I put one on earlier and the mastrubation is immediately less enjoyable. Maybe I should just walk around all day long wearing this thing?

8. Thanks for reading and the encouragement, wish you the best on your journey

9. Hah ye then we seem to be similar.
    I’m very much an all or nothing kind of guy so if i start with the screens I, just like you, end up sitting til late and turn off/delay my alarms.

10. Yep this is what I’ve started trying, no electronics in the bedroom. Works well when applied

11. No idea if this is a good idea, i suppose of it helps you get past the first few days, but i’m not sure regarding hygiene etc. If it works for too long.
    But do what works at least the first few days i guess

12. I dont think wearing a condom is going to help. If anything, it is probably just going to make you focus more on what is going on down there. Just practice keeping your hands off. If you dont touch, then nothing is going to happen.

13. Killer 2003

Killer 2003 Fapstronaut

Got some good ideas reading this .....thanks a lot bro

14. Glad to hear it! Wish you a successful journey

15. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

So inspiring Bro
    My short milestone is 30 Days too, but it's not the point.
    Once we became an addict, it will stay deep inside our brain for decades.
    I try to active at this forum, it's so helpfull knowing that you're not alone in this journey.
    Enjoy the ride, it will ups and down for sure.

16. Thanks for the reply, glad to hear it inspired you.

A 30 day milestone as a start sounds good, just make sure you are not too focused on the end so that it becomes more difficult to focus on the present day-by-day approach. At least that's my tip based on what seems to work best for me.

Congrats on 4 days down, keep up the great work

Paf-On likes this.
  17. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

Yup.... Thanks for the tip.
    You're right. Because it only takes one second for the urge monster to whispering our brain when we're weak.
    Stay strong...
    Stay focus...

18. Siple

Siple New Fapstronaut

Holy shit.
    This is seriously inspiring, tbh I just created this account for this reply.
    This is my first day here and 2nd on PMO (after some time), the thing is I don't have the urge while I'm distracted (school, hobbies...) Dunno, but the thing that you know you controlled yourself kind of gives you willpower. This day I just started learning something I had been putting off for a long time. Anyways...just wanted to say that this was truly inspiring and I can certainly say that it has saved a few of us.

19. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Fapstronaut

Great read. Thanks so much for sharing with us! This part is amazing: