1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Over the Top

Overcoming your personal Everest.

1. Bretkilamsin

Bretkilamsin Fapstronaut

I'm starting at base camp today and headed to the summit. If all goes well the trip should progress as follows:
    Base Camp 10/18
    Khumbu Icefall 10/23
    Camp I 10/28
    Western Cwm 11/2
    Camp II 11/7
    Lhotse Face 11/12
    Camp III 11/17
    Camp IV (South Col) 11/22
    The Balcony 11/27
    South Summit 12/1
    Hillary Step 12/6
    The Summit 12/11

I'll see you on the trail.

2. I am just ahead of you at day 4 and will be starting my assent tomorrow at day 5. See my post - WHO WILL JOIN ME FOR THE CLIMB???

Need support of another climber.

3. Bretkilamsin

Bretkilamsin Fapstronaut

Tomorrow I hope to start the journey through the Khumbu Icefall. These last 4 days have been very good with freedom from P and M.

4. Over the Top,

What is your plan as you leave Base Camp? Look at my post 3,4 &7 from Brainstorm Journal in the 40+ Forum.

You need a plan when you are faced with an urge. When you start to have that conversation in your head.

I have failed many times in the past because I lacked commitment and more importantly I lacked a plan.

I am committed to be successful. I know that I will be faced with urges and temptations. Something will happen something will trigger an urge. Life events will cascade and my brain (your brain) will try to convince you that only this once, only for a minute, I I will only look at this or I will only look at that. F^&$ that. You are not your brain.

Have a plan. You can do this!

Brainstorm

5. Bretkilamsin

Bretkilamsin Fapstronaut

Thank you Brainstorm. I have a group of guys that I meet with every week and we text each day for an accountability check-in. When it comes to the moment-2-moment difficulties I run, literally. Or go for a walk depending on how I'm feeling. Prayer and focusing on the end goal helps as well.

That being said, I'm up into the middle of Khumbu Icefall as of yesterday. I'm on track and hoping that I don't get hit with a heavy challenge in 24 days.