1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Pentecost 50 day challenge

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

It didn't take long for me to fall throughout lent but I'm going to try going 50 days between Easter and Pentecost.
    I've been able to stay away from p for few weeks but I have given into m a few times so I'm trying to keep away from p as number 1 goal but I'll still try to stay away from m

Sunny23, Mara43, jw2021 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I've had one of the busiest weeks this week so I haven't had time to post here but also haven't had much time to think about PMO either so there's meaning in being busy.
    I also had a day that not much was going right but for some reason, I felt great at the end of the day. I don't know if it was the great weather or the fact I was working with my dad but I place all the glory on God who controls absolutely everything with His perfect sovereignty

Tao Jones likes this.
  3. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

For some reason, I woke up at 2:00am and can't get back to sleep. I've tried reading but it just makes me yawn a few times. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to sleep but if not, I'll stay away from my phone

4. How did it go?

5. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

It went okay. I read for a bit, did some devotions and did dishes then was busy for most of the day

Tao Jones likes this.
  6. Hello,
    I'd like to join to your challenge :)

7. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

The more the merrier

F14 and Mara43 like this.
  8. Can I share this challenge in my journal?

9. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I can only seem to last a week, then sleepless nights catch up and I m. Still staying away from p though

10. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

Share what you like

Mara43 likes this.
  11. This is just the habit you have gotten into. There is nothing that says you must M in this scenario. You can choose not to.

12. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I need to get up when temptation comes but sometimes I'm too tired to get up but not tired enough to fall asleep

13. Then start to pray when it happens

14. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I slept quite well last night. I had a few temptations earlier on but went for a walk and that helped me sleep

Tao Jones likes this.
  15. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

Tuesday's can be a bit of a late night since I have my barbershop chorus in the evening and it finishes at 10pm so I'm a bit tired this morning

16. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Thinking about @TaoJones comment regarding habits, I remembered this quote:

Automatic Behaviors
    "We acquired the bad habits only because we gave ground to them by a consent of will until they became automatic and perhaps even unconscious. To master them we must reverse the process and use the will to break their automatic functioning." - Archbishop Fulton Sheen

I am living proof of both sides of this statement. My hunting and subsequent lust had become automatic. I need God to fight my temptations but I also need to will an unbroken habit of turning away from temptation.

Mara43, Tao Jones and Sean Edie like this.
  17. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I've been feeling really happy recently. I'm not sure if it's that I'm doing online counseling or that I've gone quite a while without p but I'm feeling really positive. Today's sermon was inspiring too and it was about sexual immorality and how to stay away from it

Mara43 and Tao Jones like this.
  18. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I had a great counseling session today. We spent quite a bit of it talking about the Bible and what each of our beliefs were

Mara43 and Tao Jones like this.
  19. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I had a talk with my wife about how this addiction can bring a rift into our relationship but our wedding passage came up on a devotional (a cord of three strands is not easily broken) and we both agreed that the the third strand in our relationship is God and He will keep us together

Mara43, Tao Jones and CPilot like this.
  20. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

You may enjoy reading "Three to Get Married" by Fulton Sheen. I have not yet read the book myself but I have read other things by this author and I think he is a true genius and a devout Christian.