1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Perseverance in the hardest thing.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TrueOrFalse, Nov 13, 2015.

1. TrueOrFalse

TrueOrFalse Fapstronaut

In my opinion perseverance through pure difficulty is the best way. Bottom line.

If one succeeds he/she is glad with feelings of accomplishment. If one fails, he/she still gains things along the way like skills, confidence, peace of mind, and trust of those who will be impressed by their consistent effort. Many times that's how epic friends are made.

Often rich or powerful people look on heroic strugglers and want to hire them or put them in positions of power over others (happened to me once).

Lastly even if no one else watches the endless constant effort, whatever it is, the individual grows and is very aware of his/her growth in skills, imagination, memory, self control, gratitude and peace of mind.

Perseverance, perseverance, perseverance in the hardest thing.

2. An article from Inc., copied and pasted :)

35 Quotes About Perseverance and Never Giving Up

[​IMG]

The temptation to give up is a common one, and nobody is exempt. Failure isn't something many of us can handle gracefully. And even though we know it's a common human condition, we're somehow always surprised when it happens to us.

Following are 35 quotes you can read the next time you feel as though you want to give up. Reminding yourself that loss of hope is temporary might just compel you to pick yourself up and move forward.

1. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'

--Mary Anne Radmacher, American author and artist

2. Fall seven times and stand up eight.

--Japanese Proverb

3. It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.

--Albert Einstein (1879-1955), physicist and developer of the theory of relativity

4. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

--Thomas Edison (1874-1931), inventor of the light bulb

5. Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

--Henry Ford (1863-1947), founder of Ford Motor Company

6. A failure is not always a mistake. It may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.

--B.F. Skinner (1904-1990), American psychologist

7. Ask yourself this question: 'Will this matter a year from now?'

--Richard Carlson, American psychotherapist and author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

8. What if I told you that 10 years from now, your life would be exactly the same? I doubt you'd be happy. So, why are you so afraid of change?

--Karen Salmansohn, best-selling self-help author

9. As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better.

--Dr. Steve Maraboli, speaker and author

10. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

--Robert Collier (1885-1950), American self-help author

11. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

--Confucius (551-479 BC), philosopher

12. Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.

--F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896-1940), American author

13. Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.

--Newt Gingrich (1943- ), American politician, historian, and author

14. Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.

--Julie Andrews (1935- ), English film and stage actress

15. Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.

--Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881), British politician and writer

16. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.

--William Feather (1889-1981), American author

17. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.

--Dale Carnegie (1888-1955), world-renowned author and speaker

18. Failure is often that early morning hour of darkness which precedes the dawning of the day of success.

--Leigh Mitchell Hodges (1876-1954), journalist and poet

19. We will either find a way or make one.

--Hannibal (247-182 BC), Carthaginian General

20. It always seems impossible until it's done.

--Nelson Mandela (1918-2013), South African anti-apartheid leader

21. The best way out is always through.

--Robert Frost (1874-1963), American poet

22. A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.

--George M. Moore Jr. (1862-1940), Member U.S. House of Representatives

23. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

--Bill Cosby (1937- ), comedian and actor

24. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

--George Edward Woodberry (1855-1930), American poet

25. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you … never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

--Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896), American abolitionist and author

26. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

--Confucius (551-479 BC), philosopher

27. I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.

--Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865), 16thPresident of the United States

28. Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.

--Babe Ruth (1895-1948), baseball legend

29. Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.

--Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), 26thPresident of the United States

30. Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.

--James A. Michener (1907-1997), American author

31. Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.

--Walter Elliot (1888-1958), Scottish politician

32. The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.

--Mignon McLaughlin (1913-1983), American journalist and author

33. Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.

--Louis Pasteur (1822-1895), scientist and inventor of the pasteurization process

34. I was taught the way of progress is neither swift nor easy.

--Marie Curie (1867-1934), French physicist and two-time winner of the Nobel Prize

35. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.

--Winston Churchill (1874-1965), former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

Looking for more inspiration to help you succeed? See my post This Personality Trait Leads to Wealth and Happiness; Do You Have It?

nfprogress likes this.
  3. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I didn't fully understand the picture. Is there any optical illusion?

4. Just edited to look flashy it looks like, copied from an article from the magazine Inc.'s website, www.inc.com. Great magazine for business minded people.

Hatebreed is a band that SCREAMS perseverance.

So it begins,

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  5. [​IMG]

If you are dedicated to your purpose it helps you persevere, A WHOLE HELL OF ALOT.

[​IMG]