1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Personal self-improvement routine

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jun 13, 2019.

1. So far here's what I've started to do via self improvement and how it's affected me. Basic info for me is I'm 35 years old, 5'8" tall, and 142 lbs.

Food: I eat once a day after I get home and work out. My meal consists of six eggs, 1 lb of grass fed meat (pork or beef), some grass fed butter, and a large glass of raw milk. I'm not strictly carnivore but I find this diet is the easiest on my digestive system. There's minimal bloat, burping/farting, and I feel pretty satiated throughout the day with few bouts of hunger.

Exercise: I'm doing Kasey Stern's Monkey Strength program, which I believe is an offshot of Convict Conditioning. I used to lift but strain on my body was pretty difficult and I've found decent strength on Calisthenics even if it might not be quite as high as when I was a lifter. My physique so far is probably the best it's ever been in my lifetime.

Free time: In my free time I've taken to reading a lot of non-fiction regarding topics I'm interested in such as recently reading a book on Earthing, one of Metabolic Autophagy, and also the book Think and Grow Rich. I do play video games, but not nearly as much as I used to. I find enjoyment from old FPS games like Doom where I can play a little bit but not spend a whole day on it. I used to play a lot of long RPGs, but I just don't really feel them as much any more. Other times I spend helping my dad fix up his house and on Fridays I have friends over to play board games during the evening.

I don't get out much, mostly to get food or to buy something I need, but I find myself interacting with people pretty easily, so at least I'm not degrading socially. I'm curious to hear any opinions and suggestions on this as I think my routine is working pretty well for me, but I'm always looking for ways to make it better.

2. Overall it sounds really cool dude, congrats! However be careful with those 6 eggs that's a fuckton of cholesterol (3 max a day is recommended). I also recommend going out whenever there is a possibility.