1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

personality types (myers briggs) poll added, please no haters

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 7, 2018.

what is your personality type?

1. intj/entj

21.7%
  2. intp/entp

24.5%
  3. infj/enfj

17.0%
  4. infp/enfp

18.9%
  5. istj/estj

4.7%
  6. isfj/esfj

5.7%
  7. istp/estp

5.7%
  8. isfp/esfp

1.9%
  1. why do people want to be intj? infj is the rarest if thats what your talking about, it doesnt really matter what they put, if you are just going to lie to yourself to feel better than they can lol, no harm done, just to themselves. I can understand people being jealous i guess, mabie they are mad there type is not rare at all, i am an infp which is super rare so i wouldnt really know.

2. Itsmeagain

Itsmeagain Fapstronaut

ISTP, AKA Virtuoso. I was skeptical at first, but as others mention, its surprizingly accurate, although everybody must have a little bit of other types of personalities.
    In all cases, its a free and interesting way to spend 30 minutes to learn more about yourself.

3. well as humans we all have things in common, but every type excells at something different, for example the infj has the gift of absorbing peoples emotions, feeling their pain as their own, they get depressed a lot because they literally have the weight of the world on them, if you go near them and you are sad you will make them sad, because they have a radar that picks up on emotional energy around them, that is why many of them dont watch the news because its to much for their hearts to take, my mom is one so i get to see it every day. infps are different, instead of absorbing emotions we mirror them, if you are sad we instantly know it because we are masters of emotions and understanding them, we know exactly what you are feeling because we know that emotion all to well and we can easily identify with it, that is why you cannot hide anything from an infp because we instantly know your motives and feelings because we mirror your intent without thinking about it, a good example is when i was little, my mom told me that when she was sad i was sad, or when she was angry so was i, its like we are copy cats you could say. so those are some examples of things only certain types can do. If you told someone like an estj that they would be like the hell, i dont know anything about those things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  4. (ESTP-A) When I took it seriously.

(INTJ-T) When I manipulated the results to get it.

5. I just got an INFJ-A. Point is, confirmation bias.

6. This kinda reminds me of the Sorting Hat on the Harry Potter website. In fact I think I like being Gryffindor better then (ESTP-A.)

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. well you are what you are, doesnt matter what you want to be.

8. if you truly know yourself than you will get the accurate result

9. If you truly know yourself then there's no point in doing personality tests

10. And that was the problem with the Sorting Hat, maybe it sorted people to early, or sorted people into houses that didn't fit the student just for the lulz. Some kids just picked their house and the sorting hat went along with it (confirmation bias.) I actually love the Sorting Hat comparison.

Also in the books, because of the house that the hat put students into, they grew into the traits that those houses represented, even if it originally wasn't in the nature of the particular student.

11. well yes and no, for me i knew myself but i had no idea why i was like the way i am, and taking the test opened my eyes to why i am the way i am. Its a good way to find out why you are the way you are, and why other people are the way they are.

12. i think its more like the hat knew what they truly believed inside, sometimes it takes years before your true feelings come out.

13. Nevielle Longbottom was a coward and a weakling and ended up a Gryffindorian badass because of the company he kept.

Hermione Granger was absolutely more suited for Ravenclaw, but the Hat put her in Gryffindor borderline just for lulz. She also ended up taking on the traits of her house.

14. nevel was a coward but deep down he wanted to not be one which was his true self, its always been inside of him, the hat simply knew what house would nurture his personality the most. The prefrontal cortex does not fully develop till 25, so that means you have 25 years for your personality to develop.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  15. ...so the Hat told him what he wanted to be and not what he was.

16. yes and no, he is a coward but we do not know if he was born that way or if some events happened in life that made him that way. I dont know its a tricky thing, only that person really knows what is truly them or not them.

17. not a lot of isfps or esfps here, very interesting.