1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Personalizing your workout with music?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

2. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

I usually do this, and I find that it gets me fired up, angry, motivated... to listen to more music, waste time in between sets, get distracted, certain songs trigger me to have fantasies about what my life could be like, what I could have done differently, hurting those who I perceived as wronging me ect ect
    Today I didn't listen to anything, I've done this in the past, i.e. while I was wrestling or lifting at school, but at the home gym I always listened metal, black, thrash, groove, death, all the hardcore stuff. I find that I have more focus without music, I'm less emotional, less likely to escape into my own head. But I had a problem, I was using it as an escape, it was also tied to my PMO (when the fantasies end, I would look at my life in despair, and seek another escape), a lot of negative energy. Just my experience, nothing wrong with listening to music while working out. Have you tried listening to podcasts, or something else, a lecture maybe. Joe "Pounded by a baby chimp" Rogain has some interesting guests on sometimes.

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

4. Yes. Music enhances the experience for me.