1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Pets are salvation for depression and apathy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by PeterGH, Feb 26, 2020.

1. PeterGH

PeterGH New Fapstronaut

Since ancient times, it was believed that animals have healing power. The best assistant for depression at all times was considered a cat. She hears the steps of the owners from afar, and waits at the door, she is caring, playful and affectionate. Representatives of the cat family are real doctors. Many people know that they can help with various diseases. At first, cats try to get comfortable next to the place that hurts a person, and then they begin to do their “massage” with their paws. Thus, they take over all the negative painful energy. Cats react very sensitively to touch - when a person plunges his hand in their hair, an energy exchange occurs, as a result of which, a caring owner finds peace and harmony.
    In addition to cats, they will help to get out of a prolonged depression and fill the life with positive thoughts of a dog, which is not in vain called the best friends. Jerome K. Jerome wrote: "Dogs never interrupt, do not translate the conversation to their problems and try their best to understand the owner." These beautiful animals are also the best remedy for blues and obsessive thoughts. With them, a person is not threatened with loneliness - walking a dog can often make friends with interesting people - dog owners. Communicating with people, negative thoughts are replaced by reasoning, the search for mutual interests, thoughts of mutual assistance and joy.
    Due to its healing potential, you cannot place birds next to a cat or a dog. But if there is no way to keep the fourth pet, you can make a feathered friend. It is known that bird singing relieves stress, improves mood, soothes cranky nerves.
    Aquarium fish are irreplaceable keepers of calm and peace of mind. Aquarium is an extremely fascinating world that you can admire for hours. Long-term observations of the water world bring the pulse to a normal state, raise and balance the mood, and remove it from the state of apathy and depression. The beauty and harmony of the aquarium world works wonders - a person is distracted from obsessive thoughts, remembers joyful moments, and relaxes. Depression and apathy in such cases gives way to regularity and vitality.
    What do you think about this?

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

...until she eats your face after you die.

Sorry for the morbid thought... It was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

I don’t have any pets, but I use the white noise app to help me sleep and I find to cat purring sound to be relaxing and therapeutic. Definitely helps me sleep.