1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Picking Up Litter

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bit Maestro, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Bit Maestro

Bit Maestro Fapstronaut

I have found myself picking up litter while walking the dog and biking around town.

I seem to be aware of every little piece by me.

Like ignoring it just doesn't feel right anymore.

I generally recycle it if it is recyclable and toss in the nearest trash or recycle bin.

End rant.

2. Bit Maestro

Bit Maestro Fapstronaut

Ok I guess I only grab stuff that isn't messy to handle like bottles and plastic.

Once you become aware like it is crazy how dirty higher populated towns and cities are.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Bit Maestro

Bit Maestro Fapstronaut

No wonder some people cash in on collecting bottles.

Gosh I want to move out to the country and hills. What a world.

Toxic Capitalist wasteland type deal.

Perhaps some places are little Elysiums I don't doubt with people who care.

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Ever heard of plogging? It’s becomin a new fitness craze where people run with a rubbish bag, and during their jog (or any other exercise) they pick up trash. You squat when you pick stuff up (one bonus), you carry an increasingly-heavy bag with you (another plus) and the landscape gets cleaner (huge plus). It’s quite interesting to be honest, although I’m not sure if i’d do it as an exercise routine.

But yeah, this thread just reminds me of that.

5. I like to think the thrash will one day provide work and interesting trinkets to a lovable robot and his cockroach pet. I saw it in a computer generated documentary about the future.

WesternWolf likes this.
  6. That is quite interesting. I would think I'd need to wear the bag like a backpack if it got too heavy. Maybe as a walk that would be a nice thing to do for the community.

MLMVSS and Deleted Account like this.
  7. 33ctf6m8pdpq

33ctf6m8pdpq Fapstronaut

If you're attempting to relate this back to your PMO addiction, allow me to help: After quitting alcohol and drugs, I noticed a spike in my OCD-like behaviors. I was never diagnosed with clinical OCD but I definitely had compulsive tendencies. I don't know if you have OCD, but even if you have a mild version, it may be surging due to your changes with PMO. After giving up those other addictions, I felt like I lost some control over my life. As a result, I started to become more particular about my environment and how it was arranged (i.e., literal/tangible: my home, car, desk, conceptual: relationships, etc.). I wanted to exercise control over my enviroment (i.e., something I could control) to make up for the things I thought I was losing control over (i.e., the vices in my life). Now throw in a brain that is activating and "seeing the world differently" due to changing nephropathy and you'll find yourself reorganizing the world in new, sometimes interesting, ways. So, this little habit that you have developed, may in fact be related to your current struggles with PMO. Meditate on it if you'd like. Thanks for making the world cleaner in the process though, btw!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  8. 33ctf6m8pdpq

33ctf6m8pdpq Fapstronaut

The internet never ceases to amaze me — plogging. What an interesting term/idea. I'm just happy that I have yet another highfalutin phrase to toss in people's face when the unorthodox topical pair of trash and exercise comes up in conversation together. All joking aside, the swedes seem to be on to something. Thanks for sharing, MLMVSS.

Since were on the topic of trash, here's another interesting tidbit for you folk: When Walt Disney was designing Disney World, he observed park-goer's and their indecencies when it came to littering. He noticed that people would generally begin to toss trash on the ground when they could not find a garbage can after taking just 30 steps. This is the fundamental reason why you will find a trash cans about 30 feet apart from one another when you visit Disney parks even today. Fun facts, yay!

MLMVSS and WesternWolf like this.