1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Picking up reading

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by lvcas, Jul 15, 2019.

1. lvcas

lvcas Fapstronaut

Hey everyone.
    I’ve already got a journal up and running, but thought perhaps it’d be good to keep up with reading on a separate thread, just to increase accountability.

I think the model should be picking two books to read over the course of a time frame — probably a week or two, depending on length, and jotting down my thoughts on them. I might make it a bit more flexible.

Feel free to join in with any thoughts you may have! :)

2. lvcas

lvcas Fapstronaut

Got through another chapter of Never Split the Difference a couple of days ago. I am liking it a lot; the author frames the advice in real situations and explains really well how and why he made certain decisions. I’ve been trying to implement what I’ve read so far and it’s helped a lot. Keeping calm is probably the most important thing you are able to do when you’re negotiating/arguing with someone, and mirrors work wonders.
    I think I’ll start reading Crime and Punishment as well. I wanna be able to read one fiction and another non-fiction book at the same time, hopefully it’ll be good!
    Peace.

lb

amaranth likes this.
  3. Engeniero25

Engeniero25 Fapstronaut

I love reading. It’s helping me with my non-PMO.

lvcas likes this.