PIED question

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by johnnythejohn, May 21, 2020.

1. johnnythejohn

johnnythejohn Fapstronaut

Can PIED be recovered only with no PM? I've seen that no PMO is the best, but I wanna know if my gf can give me orgasm and I can still recover.

Mapleleafway likes this.
  2. PaulPaul

PaulPaul Fapstronaut

I have no experience with PIED but this is what I read on nofap: yes you can have sex during a detox but it will take a lot more time.
    Best cure for PIED is a 3 month pmo detox. Tough, but once it’s done you are a new man.

3. Les_Brown

Les_Brown Fapstronaut

Agree with what's written above with two caveats:

1) For some couples it may be important for the health of the relationship and the ability to avoid PM if intimacy between partners continues. There's a book that discusses how to be intimate without O - "Cupid's Poisoned Arrow" by Marnia Robinson - if you're interested. What's your gf's impression/wishes?

2) PIED generally resolves after a few months of abstinence, but can last 295 days (Noah Church) or even years depending on your brain chemistry and strength of neural connections tied to the PMO/reward pathway. Hope for the best, but recognize that years/decades of addiction takes time to heal.

Stay strong, stay safe.

PaulPaul likes this.