Player Start

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by FreeDizzy, Mar 25, 2018.

1. FreeDizzy

FreeDizzy Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to use this website to help keep me on track with my NoFap challenge.

I've been trying to quit on my own for the past three months with both progress and failure happening within that time period.

I've been learning a lot about what pushes me to that behavior and how I need to keep adjusting myself in order to prevent it in the future.

Just for one example, I figured out that I'm a workaholic and never gave myself some time to do things that I enjoy. I would often burn myself out and because I didn't have any automatic ways to relax myself, I would revert to YouTube.

YouTube is honestly my biggest opponent when it comes to this challenge. I have now decided to block it completely including the channels that have clean content that I still thoroughly enjoy. I need to get my brain fixed before I can enjoy that website again. When my year is done, there will be a great binge season for all of my favorite channels.

Now I am learning how to have more enjoy playing video games again (Don't laugh at that last one, remember what happened with Fallout 4) , going out hiking or reading a good book. Stuff that allows my automatic brain to enjoy.

What I hope to achieve, is to be the man my future girlfriend/wife deserves. Someone who can give her the full love and affection she deserves. 2nd, I want to actually do things that bring meaning and joy to my life over pmo. Replacing bad habits, with good habits. I'm also going to keep a weekly journal on this site to update you guys on the progress I've been making or I will update it exactly when I failed.

So yeah, that's my mission. I want to make a life that my future girl can enjoy.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Miss Winnie

Miss Winnie Fapstronaut

You are a very sweet person & that’s great that you want to be a better you and better person for your future wife.

Your reasons sound solid.
    Looking forward to your journal entries.

FreeDizzy likes this.
  3. FreeDizzy

FreeDizzy Fapstronaut

Thanks Miss Winnie! I appreciate the support!

Miss Winnie likes this.
  4. Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to help you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you.

I wish you a successful reboot.

5. FreeDizzy

FreeDizzy Fapstronaut

Yes! I totally agree HARP. I've already read through the material and it has some great thoughts about tackling this issue. That's part of why I thought video games would be a good idea as the book gave some interesting thoughts about automatic thinking.

Way ahead of you on the journal! I called it: Da Reboot. I also like your suggestion about reading other people's journals. That can be super helpful and learn new strategies that I couldn't come up on my own.