1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing Guitar

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FriendlyGuitarist, Jun 5, 2017.

1. FriendlyGuitarist

FriendlyGuitarist Fapstronaut

Anyone else play guitar? What kind of guitar do you play? How long have you been playing for? What songs do you enjoy playing?

I am a guitar teacher for my career. I have a Gibson SG and I enjoy playing all types of music. Classic rock are usually my favorite type of songs to play.

LivinginRecovery and MrElmo like this.
  2. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I used to play guitar a lot back in middle school and high school. I stopped after a while because of various reasons, but i'm now trying to pick it back up to keep me busy when i'm bored. I primarily played rock, hard rock, and heavy metal but i am looking to mix in jazz, classic rock, blues and funk to keep things fresh. I own 4 guitars: An Epiphone SG JR., Epiphone Les Paul Standard(Needs some new pickups and pots), Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer, and a Ibanez RG6001.

3. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

I'm not any good still noob but I play

4. señor

señor Guest

awesome man, I've been playing for about five years now. I started off playing a lot of hendrix/floyd but eventually I began to move towards a more acoustic and fingerstyle technique. I have a 2009 fender stratocaster and a takamine. I'm trying to learn classical music on the guitar but I'm having a hard time with it since I played fingerstyle so long, playing with a pick seems unnatural now lmao. any tips?

this is the kind of fingerstyle stuff I like to play. damn it it's so pretty

Kenzi and SilentJay313 like this.
  5. I was playing a classical guitar when I was about 15 years old. I had "Sanchez" Classical guitar. I was playing nice! Mostly I liked to play classical stuff, like Bach, some turkish songs, georgian chanson, "Black Sabbath" songs and was creating something from my own.
    Sadly, I stopped playing a long ago, tried to begin it
    But now, I've found my true passion (which I liked all my life) - Bass guitar! I've purchased "J&D" Jazz Bass and also a Gibson Les Paul shaped "Diamond" bass in hometown. They don't sound like an original bass (Duh!), but they hav a really nice sound. I'm playing it time after time, mostly simple blues, Pink Floyd and MUSE riffs (because I don't have much of time really). I hope I'll be able to pratice my skills during the summer holidays. I really love my basses!

SilentJay313 likes this.
  6. Amir Tak

Amir Tak Fapstronaut

I play Guitar. My guitar is Jackson Juggernaut Bulb HT7 Laguna Burst. 7 years. Prog Metal/Djent. As well as some jazz, rap, and classical

SilentJay313 likes this.
  7. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

Dude, you play bass too? Hell I'm starting to think you're my lost brother!

Cymbaline47 likes this.
  8. Sorry dude, but I am the only child in the family, I can't be your brother :D Wish I had one!

PasterofMuppets likes this.
  9. PasterofMuppets

Same here

10. I play acoustic, electric and bass guitar. I've been playing guitar for 10 years and I'm now a composer. Nice to meet you all

11. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I played acoustic, electric and bass guitar, but ever since my musical taste went through some radical changes I stopped and I started writing instead.

12. MrElmo

MrElmo Fapstronaut

I play an acoustic Guild D-40NT. I bought it new in '78, 4 years after I started playing. I also play the electric bass. I had a Fender Precision (P-bass) for a while, but sold it to generate some cash. I play mostly fingerstyle, with some tapping and slapping harmonics. I also like gentle strumming... or not so gentle.

13. Daniel_W.

Daniel_W. Fapstronaut

I want to learn how to play a damn instrument. I have no money and I don't have an instrument.

Spidermonky77 likes this.
  14. Spidermonky77

Spidermonky77 Fapstronaut

I play a takamine electric/acoustic. Been playing for about 2 years. Love playing country, praise, and any cover that sounds awesome on acoustic ((((:)

15. PasterofMuppets

Start reading about theory online, that's a great start.

Daniel_W. and SilentJay313 like this.
  16. GroveStreet4Life

GroveStreet4Life Fapstronaut

Im struggling to play barre chord. Please help me buhs

17. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Try just barring all of the strings on one fret with your first finger and playing each string to see if you can hear each note ring out clearly. Then complete the chord by adding a finger and playing the notes to hear them ring out clearly.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Amir Tak likes this.
  18. Amir Tak

Amir Tak Fapstronaut

Make sure your entire finger lays on all strings, even beyond the fretboard. Youtube is your friend

19. Daniel_W.

Daniel_W. Fapstronaut

Yo Im saving up for a yamaha, Im so close

20. Jonathansierra

Jonathansierra Fapstronaut

I'm left handed. Wanting to start to learn to play because I have always been drawn to it. Never been able to cause pmo prevented me from doing so. Any recommendations on starter guitars and websites/links would be very helpful.

LivinginRecovery likes this.