PM Conversation with Multiple People?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by TakingTheSteps, Dec 13, 2015.

1. So it seems like the messaging system is set up to have conversations with multiple people, if desired, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. -.- If this is like... super easy, I apologize. haha I'm very technically challenged.

Anyway, I tried typing several names into the "participant" bar, but it only recognizes and tags the first one. I tried separating names with a comma or semi-colon, but it still only tagged the first name. Maybe this just isn't possible, and I'm trying to get too fancy. lol if anyone knows, please pass on the knowledge.

2. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

When creating the initial conversation, try checking the box at the bottom that says allow anyone to invite others (if you want to give that freedom). Alternatively you may be able to invite others after the initial message since you are conversation starter (probably not, but can't hurt to look). That check box may be an all or nothing and hopefully people in the conversation will get a popup or alert that says it is not private.

3. Hm... I'm not sure if that would really work, because I do want it to be somewhat private. I just wanted to send something to two different people (possibly three), and I thought it would be easier to do it in a group message. But I suppose if it's not possible I can just send them individually.

4. IGY

IGY Guest

Click on Report at the foot of your first message and ask for a mod to help.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  5. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

I understand. If you don't trust the two participants not to invite others, then that won't work so well. Mod help may be best as @IGY suggested.

6. @IGY so I would just send the message to one person and then ask a Mod to add the other one(s)?

7. Eh, screw it, I'm just gonna do it individually. lol this is too hard

8. Yesodi

Yesodi Distinguished Fapstronaut

Indeed. Only paid members (and moderators) can use multi-person chat.

To add additional participants to a given chat, scroll down to "Conversation Participants". You should see an "Invite More" button.

Update [June 8th, 2016]:
    Sorry folks! It turns out that the above information is INCORRECT!
    • Due to an as-yet-unsolved technical issue, multi-person chat does NOT work for Premium members.
    • While there is a general desire to fix the above issue so that multi-person chat will be available for Premium members as well, there is currently no guarantee if or when this might happen.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Deleted Account likes this.
  9. seventyniner

seventyniner Fapstronaut

I'm looking really hard, but I can't seem to find that "Invite More" button ... I did check the box that every participant can invite others. Or does the button only appear if two paid members try to invite a third paid member?

10. Yesodi

Somebody else has reported the same exact problem. Sorry, but I'm only a "moderator," and have passed along the info that was previously given to me.

@alexander and/or @matthewmammothrept : can you please look into this and follow-up?

seventyniner likes this.
  11. Yesodi

Sorry folks, but it turns out that information that I previously posted regarding multi-person chat is INCORRECT!
    • Due to an as-yet-unsolved technical issue, multi-person chat does NOT work for Premium members.
    • While there is a general desire to fix the above issue so that multi-person chat will be available for Premium members as well, there is currently no guarantee if or when this might happen.

12. seventyniner

seventyniner Fapstronaut

Sad to hear it. Thanks for the information, and thanks for the effort.

13. Yesodi

We are happy to announce that this feature has now been FIXED! :cool:

For more details, see "Multi-person chat for Premium membership -- now WORKING!". :D

seventyniner likes this.