1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PMO and Pride

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

I've noticed that whenever I'm on the opposite end of a relapse, it always follows an identical pattern; I feel puffed up and prideful. I'm at the top of the world and ready to fall. I always build myself up by considering myself to be better than others. I tear down people who I think are particularly morally bankrupt and foolish. Then cut to me staring at an empty screen, ashamed and reminded of just how sinful I really am. I think that if I ever hope to beat this sin then I have to constantly keep my pride in check and remind myself daily just how morally bankrupt and foolish I am before God.
    Do you guys suffer from that same kind of struggle with pride? how have you handled it?

2. TrulysetFree

TrulysetFree Fapstronaut

Usually I am most proud about my "achievements" right about 10 minutes before I fall... :(

3. SourSwordsman

SourSwordsman Fapstronaut

I relate to that as well. The longest streak I've managed was about 7 days, and I became extremely prideful. It's ok to feel happy and on top of the world, but if you forget that God brought you up the hill then it all goes away. I am back on the bottom and trying to climb up now.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  4. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

It’s a struggle man. It takes a lot of humility. I’ve got to remind myself every day.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  5. Balla33

Balla33 Fapstronaut

Keep fighting you got this!