PMO and Pride

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

I've noticed that whenever I'm on the opposite end of a relapse, it always follows an identical pattern; I feel puffed up and prideful. I'm at the top of the world and ready to fall. I always build myself up by considering myself to be better than others. I tear down people who I think are particularly morally bankrupt and foolish. Then cut to me staring at an empty screen, ashamed and reminded of just how sinful I really am. I think that if I ever hope to beat this sin then I have to constantly keep my pride in check and remind myself daily just how morally bankrupt and foolish I am before God.
    Do you guys suffer from that same kind of struggle with pride? how have you handled it?

2. TrulysetFree

TrulysetFree New Fapstronaut

Usually I am most proud about my "achievements" right about 10 minutes before I fall... :(

3. SourSwordsman

SourSwordsman Fapstronaut

I relate to that as well. The longest streak I've managed was about 7 days, and I became extremely prideful. It's ok to feel happy and on top of the world, but if you forget that God brought you up the hill then it all goes away. I am back on the bottom and trying to climb up now.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  4. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

It’s a struggle man. It takes a lot of humility. I’ve got to remind myself every day.

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  5. Balla33

Balla33 Fapstronaut

Keep fighting you got this!