1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Polyphasic sleeping -> How to sleep 2 hours a day

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Verhart, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

Have any of you heard about the idea?

Most of us sleep monophasic, which means we sleep in one block of time. Usually from 7 to 9 hours. Polyphasic sleeping focuses on increasing the quality of sleep, what allows to reduce quantity. There're many scheduals you can choose from: from biphasic to uberman. I don't have to explain why having extra up to 7 hours a day is wanted.

I'm currently adapting to Everyman2 and looking for someone who can share experiences/give advice. If so happens that I'm the only one here who is trying this, feel free to ask me questions. I'll try to anwser as well as I can.

2. RealLifeGamer

RealLifeGamer Fapstronaut

I don´t really see the point in it. I have heard about it but the human but regenerates in the deep sleep phases the most and the more you split your sleep the less deep sleep phases you have and the less you will regenerate.

Polyphasic sleeping may work for certain people but surely not for most people.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Verhart

Verhart Fapstronaut

What you say might be, or might not be the truth. Polyphasic sleep concentrates on reducing the amount of light sleep, while leaving SWS(Slow Wave Sleep) and REM(Rapid Eye Movement) phases as much intact as possible. There're no studies about the usefulness of light sleep - research say that we regenerate during SWS and also that we need REM sleep.

Also, do you really consider Buzzfeed a reliable source of information?

Besides, there are studies that show biphasic sleep is the most natural way of sleeping for humans -> One of the links What's more, biphasic sleeping(two blocks of sleep) is not only natural, but also very common in hispanic countries. Think of siesta.

I used modified Everyman for 4 days now, but I will switch to siesta. I have my final exams quite soon and even though I had loads of time to learn, my concetration went down quite badly(you should expect this in the adaptation period. They say that for Everyman it lasts ~ 2weeks). I will use this biphasic pattern now.

Beingpure likes this.