Prayer group

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by DudeFromAfrica, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Roland3115

Roland3115 Fapstronaut

Thank you Mr. Eko. Forgive my ignorance on the matter. I did not do everything possible. I gave in willingly and I feel worse about that.

I asked for forgiveness and I am hoping to reboot with a promise to smaller increments. Part of me wants to to give up PM for good but another part of me does not. I am constantly trying to reach for the former for the latter seeks my destruction. I have recognized that the small steps, that can be regarded as trivial, such as browsing without intent of accomplishing a task, are the things that lead me to relapsing.

I am new to this so thank you for your help. I've always known God's presence and I've been very sure of this. but I have not put forth the effort in order to actually find him. I wish to change this and I hope that Christ can show me the way. I hope If I start to pray, in anyway, he will reveal himself to me but I am afraid I am doing it wrong.

I once had an experience, a supernatural experience, that I could not explain and I am sure this was God manifesting himself in me. As a kid, I wish fishing off a pier at the beach. It was my first time fishing for some mackerel and I could not catch a damn thing. No one else seemed to be catching mackerel so I was loosing hope and it was nearing the end of our trip out to the pier. I sent out my last cast, reeled it in, and begin to get ready to go find my father. As I was getting ready to leave, a very large, profound, and loud voice spoke and told me to cast out there. I immediately knew where and I sent my lure flying. To my surprise I felt a large tug on my line and I began to reel in the unknown beast. It turned out I had hooked a king mackerel...

I have yet to realize any significance in this but I know what I experience was profound. I hope to hear God in this way again.

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Hi Roland,
    We should promise only for so long as we are sure before the promising that we will do everything possible ( especially a long enough honest prayer) to not to break it. If you feel hesitant in such a moment you have to shorter the promise or give up it altogether.

After promising nothing else in the world is so important as keeping the promise because you gave your free will to act out to God. It's a gift for Him and you mustn't take it back.
    After promising you have no choice. You have renounced your right to choice. You are not free now.
    You will be free to give in to PMO only after the promise is over. Now you are a servant of God untill your promise is completed.
    You must be ready to pray even for long hours when tempted with all your heart , till you are unable to collect a thought, till you are overtired.... If you are not ready before promising to do so do not promise.

3. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I'm sure you did it because of lack of prayer at the weakness moment , or your prayer was too hesitant, or too short.
    God heals when you honestly pray. During an urge or temptation we experience a strong attack on our faith too. Devil says us - you will give in for sure. So we must be flexible and when we feel our faith shaking we must start to ask God for unshakable faith, withouth any tint of unbelieve. How long should we pray so? Untill you feel that your faith is restored by God again. I have always been given faith when I prayed. I told myself - I will pray till I'm unable to think, even if it took many hours. In fact it took 5 - 15 minutes of my prayer till the grace of faith was given to me.

Nobody is ready to give up PMO for good, we must be ready to give up PMO till the time of the promise is over. Absolutely no more. Even I am not ready to give up PMO for good, but I knew that I was ready to give up it for the next 7 years. My conscience said me so, my mind said me so, I felt that it is realistic for me after keeping my last promises which took 3 years.
    After keeping your promise you can even act out. I did so sometimes. I don't say it was not a sin, it was.
    I only say - giving up for good is something unrealistic for addicts at the beginning of their recovery. Small steps.
    How did you learn going in childhood?
    You stood up one day and begann to run?

4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

• Excellent conclusion! These small trivial things are the worst. It's typical.
    • So if you are not ready to renounce these small trovial things during the time of your promise then you mustn't promise!! It's because promising is giving your consent that you absolutely are going to do EVERYTHING possible to not give in. If you think that you are able to renounce even trivial things for only an hour then you should promise for not longer than an hour!!
    • All the mistakes you Roland made with promising , I made many times before. That's why you should first consult me before you decide to do anything on this way or you will repeat all my mistakes which would be very painfull for you.
    I know that when I start to break my promises I destroy the only effective mechanism I have. I don't know anything else which would work in my life.
    Roland, if you breake your next promise you will distroy this way completely. I won't be able to help you effectively. Beside of this you will offend God. So as you see my method is dangerous, very effective but dangerous......

Take care,
    God bless

5. danges

danges Fapstronaut

Hi all. For those in prayer for me, I sincerely thank you. It's been almost a decade since I went more than 7 days without PMO (my counter only counts from the time I committed to the program :-D). Still the urge to go back remains strong. Two days ago I awoke from what was a very erotic dream, I thank God that I was able to resist my urges then.

@Mr Eko - I'm not sure whether I agree with it being fine to act out after the promise, (I am not sure that I interpret what you are saying with what you mean) but I thank you for your kind words and other advice. I will remember that the progress and commitment to do right is what's important. Before I joined here, I had previously often tried quitting, but then fizzling after 3-5 days, then acting out for several days or weeks after. The first act was a stumble, the rest were purposeful jumps, and it was wrong. If (I'm being optimistic) ever I stumble again, I will remember to immediately to God in prayer for forgiveness and strength, and soldier on again.

6. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Danges, I meant it is not fine. We can't treat PMO acts as a reward after a clean time. And I don't persuade to do so.

What I meant is if one hardly resists PMO after promising not to do it then after the promise is over and one feels tired ,bad..
    then he can act out 1 or 2 times to relieve the pressure and urge. This can't be a binge for sure because our healing would be in danger.
    But if you feel good, positive after keeping your promise you don't need to do PMO. You can start with a new longer promise.
    So it's better to act out after prpmise is completed to relieve urge or tiredness than breaking a promise what is very fatal.
    The choice is yours but even if you act out you are a winner because you have kept the promis and you know that you can repeat this experience of being free even in a minute taking a new promise for a longer time. Your confidence is stronger and you start to feel and understand that you have something what works, that your slavery time is being crashed. You start being happy....

Danges, for how long is your current promise? Are you praying often to keep your promise? Do you read the Bible every day?
    Being often with God is for us rescue relief and medication. He makes free.

God bless

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  7. danges

danges Fapstronaut

@Mr Eko Thanks for clarifying that. :) I'm still on daily promises. I hope to first succeed with 2 weeks. It has been almost a decade since I was able to keep myself for 7 days, when I was just recently acquainted with sexuality. I am trying to read the bible nightly, but I have been praying very often.

Roland3115 likes this.
  8. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Excellent! it's the most important thing, the more prayer (provided honest and with faith) , the more healing and power (grace).
    That's right! you've got it. You promise for so long as you feel you can manage it. And you praise God completing each promise. Remember to thank God after each completed one. It's His gift - the power which a promise gives. We must be thankful.

danges likes this.
  9. MtnclimberHSG

MtnclimberHSG Fapstronaut

Hello Prayer Group, are you still accept folks in this group. I would interest in going on the journey with you guys. Thanks mtnclimber

AfricanDude likes this.
  10. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

You are welcome,mtnclimber

11. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Yes, I do.
    Have you changed your unrealistic promise?

12. No I didn't and for your information my promise is not unrealistic for me
    Keep praying for me
    God bless you

13. MtnclimberHSG

Prayer for you....

jesusmysaviour likes this.
  14. danges

danges Fapstronaut

Hi, good day to all.

I'm back to 0 days. This is my fault entirely -- a small thought entered my mind, and I entertained it, then I found myself masturbating on it. This was yesterday, and I found myself escalating things. I don't want to continue that path, so I'm back.

That being said, I am still more than happy to have lasted 15 days. For the past decade, I had been unable to keep myself from masturbation for more than 4 days. Before that, the longest was about a week. Before this, I never thought I could have lasted more than 7 days. It is not a total failure then, but I should learn from this, and move forward.

I am again asking for your prayers, and I'm also willing to pray on your behalf.

Thank you.

AfricanDude likes this.
  15. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Hi Danges,
    If you didn't break any promise, you should be happy for these 15 days.

16. Hey i still didnt break my promise i hope you still remember me in your prays. I don't have much people to pray for me sorry for disturbing you :)

17. Thank you very much :)

18. MtnclimberHSG

Your right it is not a total failure. Keep moving forward in God's Love and grace.

AfricanDude likes this.
  19. danges

danges Fapstronaut

Thanks. I am happy for that -- especially since I now know that I can actually go beyond a week. I never felt so free before. However, I regret dwelling on sin these past two days, since I actively stirred up thoughts and acted on them. It took me great resolve to not have this derail any further (I actually wrestled with the idea of just continuing). Still, I feel unworthy of God's grace, though I know I should repent and start over. This is perhaps why I'm here, not only to ask you to pray that I keep myself, but also to ask you to pray for His forgiveness on my behalf (as I did, that is) as well.
    That being said, I will also pray for you guys here.

p.s., Not that this matters much, but did lonelylife change name to Jesusmysavior?