Prayer group

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by DudeFromAfrica, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Jesusmysavior,
    As long as you are on the forum keeping your promise, I will be praying for you every day.

jesusmysaviour likes this.
  2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

The best thing you can do when you are in the period of acting out is to pray. If you pray even in the middle of sins, your rescue will approach faster and more powerful.
    Can you say how promises helped you in that period of 15 clean days?

lavendereyez likes this.
  3. danges

danges Fapstronaut

@Mr Eko

I sometimes made 'in the moment' prayers and promises. On the 15th though, I was so engrossed with my thoughts that I actively chose not to pray, thinking I would be fine. Of course, that didn't end well.

4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

This is the answer why you failed. To fight without prayer is like for a soldier to fight without a gun. With only human power we must fail. You got to know what you can in this addiction without God. He doesn't give power or healing when we don't ask Him because if we don't ask Him we say - God I don't need You. I can save myself without You....

seekingsobriety likes this.
  5. seekingsobriety

seekingsobriety Fapstronaut

How do I join?! I'll pray for all of you! I have come to realise that I cant do this on my own, I need god.

6. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Beside if this, danges, it's difficult without a promise to continue prayer because we can pray not honestly with only a weak intention not to give in or we can even pray knowing and planning to act out. So the prayer is something dishonest without a real desire to change. We pray then desiring PMO. So our prayer becomes a mere mechanical repeating of holy words but not a talk to God the Savior.

7. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

You are welcome Seekingsobriety,

8. seekingsobriety

Mr.Eko you have what I want, lasting sobriety. I am new to my relationship with my higher power, I am giving my life to god. How do I get what you have?

9. Yes :)

10. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Seekingsobriety,
    What I do is cooperation with Lord Jesus. I don't know whether my approach would work if I wouldn't be a Christian.
    Are you a Christian being in a church?

11. seekingsobriety

I like jesus im really trying to emulate his teachings especially the non-judgement part. Im reading a course in miracles its christian based. Im really open to christianity but i dont know enough about it to identify as one, i am not in a church.

12. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

If you want to try my approach read all my posts on this thread from May 1st this year. I described there my way of combined prayer with promises to God.

But as I said I don't know whether this is effective in case of somebody who is not baptised and who havent chosen Jesus as their only Lord and Saviour because all my system is based 100% on Jesus, His teaching and the teaching of His church.
    Because it's not my system which heals and gives strength. This is Jesus who works effectively.
    What I suggest is that you pray and make promises exactly to Jesus not to a nearly unknown God in general and then I think that Jesus will show you that He is the true God. He could show you that by fighting this addiction in you effectively.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  13. danges

danges Fapstronaut

I think I now understand why you say that I should promise to God. I can't ask God to help me overcome, if in my self, I am not unwavering in wanting to overcome. That is, I think you made me realize what Jesus meant when He said you cannot have two masters. The promise to God is a way to commit myself to him, and despise PMO.

But, in the case last time, I was not actively seeking to return to PMO (unlike some many times before), it took me on occasion, and led me from there. How do you advise I act to prevent this? When do you make (not change) new promises to God?

Thank you, by the way, you have been very helpful.

14. Roland3115

Roland3115 Fapstronaut

I made it to 8 days but I messed up again. I did not break any promises but I do still feel a bit guilty because I let my accountability buddy down. I'm happy I was able to make it to 8 days and I am thankful God was there to help me out but I feel like I'm letting my mind overcome my relationship with God. Please pray for me and my progress.

15. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

When I have completed a promise and don't make the next one I feel unprotected because I have again my free will. I can act out or not act out. I hesitate and feel that I can do PMO now or in 2 hours or tomorrow.
    That's why after having completed one promise I decide to make next one as soon as possible in order not to act out.
    Or I make the next promise 15 minutes before my current promise is completed. I did so a month ago. I felt that after 3 years I could give in if I didn't make my current promise for next 7 years.

Do you know what our worst enemy is?
    No, It's not the devil because we don't have to listen to him.
    It's our free will because with it we choose to listen to him.
    Promising is destroying our free will - the source of our misery, because having free choice we will decide to do PMO, if not now, then whenever In the future.
    That's why we are killing our free will with promises to God.

danges likes this.
  16. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Be happy because you didn't break your promises and you praised God by your keeping them
    Don't focuse on acting out or the past.
    Continue with prayer and promises.
    What counts is your relation with God because He is the One who is able to heal you.

17. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

It's good to pray In such a case asking God to make us unwavering in wanting to overcome PMO With All Our heart.
    We are unable to make ourselves unwavering because all our body and desires say is - more girls, more sexy Girls, more sexy younger girls, not a hundred better some thousand.... sorry, some tens of thousands...

18. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Someone could say why to kill their own free will? Yet It's a gift from God and God wished to give us free will.
    I answer
    If I have free will, free choice then I can choose to give up this my free choice, will. I can do with this gift of God what I want to.
    So I freely decide to give it up because It's salvation for me.
    I give up something what destroyes me.

danges likes this.
  19. MtnclimberHSG

MtnclimberHSG Fapstronaut

Guys, I could use your prayers today. Feeling tempted and praying hard myself, but could use some help. Thanks

Sanc-Hos likes this.
  20. AfricanDude

AfricanDude Fapstronaut

Hey Mtnclimber, I'll be praying for you. I'd appreciate your prayers as well, haven't been doing great lately

Sanc-Hos likes this.