1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems dating in new place

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by ImPissedOff, Jan 12, 2020.

1. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

So I recently moved to a brand new city/region. There aren't a lot of young people here. I'm friends with some coworkers my age but many live far from me, and I don't think it's smart to go out and do stuff alone just to find girls. I don't particularly see myself meeting many girls except for those in the office.

I'm not having success on tinder/hinge, and it looks like you have to pay for online dating sites. Any ideas/strategies? I'm a bit frustrated

2. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Ever tried just approaching girls in your daily life? Like on the street or at the supermarket?

With a little experience, you can have good results. And it's a great social skill to have.

3. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

Yes that is an option. But like I said, there aren't many girls near my age in the city. So there isn't a lot of opportunity for that unfortunately

4. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

I’ve paid for online dating and if it’s still $45 for 6 months it’s def worth it

5. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

hmm. do you go to a gym at all? theres surely young hot girls there.

oor you can also try meetup.com

6. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

My building has a gym inside of it, so I go to that. I very rarely see girls that are near my age at the place, unfortunately.
    I've heard really negative reviews of meetup. Sausage fests and unorganized

7. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

i've joined a volley ball meetup which had a lot of girls. even the soccer one had a lot of girls show up. i would definitely see the member list before going to an event.
    you could always try a bar or club, if you're brave enough to go alone. malls are a great place to meet women. you can even try little shops like bubble tea places or starbucks will have tons of women.

women are virtually everywhere, its just about having the balls to approach one. maybe after 90 days it will get easier for you (and possibly me...).

ImPissedOff likes this.
  8. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

Again, there are barely any girls my age in the city. I have found that these public places you're talking about don't have any girls that aren't many years older than me. That's the main reason why I'm at a loss for what to do.

I could never go to bars alone. People are judgemental, sadly. And girls will think it's pretty weird that I showed up to the place alone when I talk to them.

9. Teagualicious

Teagualicious Fapstronaut

Define what you want from a partner, and then look for people that have those traits. If they don't have them, then save both of your time and move onto the next. Additionally don't go into every date evaluating if you should marry someone, you're going to over-judge someone before you genuinely know them. Living in the moment is pretty important. There are millions of girls constantly moving in and out of relationships, and millions of women that you are compatible with, they're out there, even in college.

10. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

This is good advice, but I'm a little confused how this relates to the question