1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems finding a gf

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Kairose, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Hello, I hope you're all good!

Straight to the point, I never had a gf also never had an affective romantic relationship with a girl. I did have some relationships to have sex when I was about 18 years old (regret that a lot).

Right now I feel like every girl I get interested in becomes too important in my mind. She starts taking place in my thoughts untill my mood, even my self-esteem, becomes dependent on how she responds to my messages... Really really hate that. And all that without even telling her that I like her or inviting her out!

And If that problem weren't enough, all of this makes her run away from me because I show too much interest and/or dependence...

Advices/ thoughts?

God bless you

Vedant4 likes this.
  2. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Where are you meeting them?

Kairose likes this.
  3. Vedant4

Vedant4 Fapstronaut

Hello @Kairose, first of all, do not blame yourself for this, it happens very often both in us men and in women. You are focusing too much on having a romantic relationship at all costs. From my experience what I can tell you is to let go of all sorts of doubts or various apprehensions, do not look for continuous answers, you see this is a mental trap: I have a doubt/anxiety, I try to give myself an answer (based on evidently not real facts) --> I am not satisfied with the answer I give myself --> I feed the doubt/anxiety even more. Life is full of unexpected events, it is not possible to control everything around us, moreover, it is up to us not to be overwhelmed by situations. Finally, continue to live your life, cultivate your interests, your friendships, your study or work and you will see that doing so will also improve your self-esteem and approach to girls, take care of yourself. God bless you too.

Vanquisher12 and Kairose like this.
  4. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Studying, working, religious activity.

DeeJ4y likes this.
  5. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Couldn't agree more, doubt and apprehension comes from the enemy. As looking for continuous answers is a lack of trust in God.

In fact, the last few days I've been worrying/ getting overwhelmed by stuff that's out of my control... You hit the nail!
    Also I have to focus on keep growing, walking towards sanctity and Jesus, not on the girl I'm interested in...

Thank you a lot for your answer!

Vedant4 likes this.
  6. Vedant4

Vedant4 Fapstronaut

The interest in another person is good, if lived adequately and healthily, the line between attention and control is not always easy to understand for each of us. You will see that you will find your personal and own path, with patience. Have a nice day.

Kairose and Vanquisher12 like this.
  7. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

That is difficult, it has costs me a lot to manage it. Well but not to the extent you are feeling it.

What has helped me, it's basically experience and dating a lot. Then you learn that nothing is forever and even if it is death will put us apart at any moment.

Experiencing death of people I love has helped me to love a woman freely and not getting overwhelmed if she acts distant.

Also my mental state is her mental state you don't just share body fluids you share everything with a woman, your energy, who you are. So if I'm anxious she is getting those bad vibes from me and all I want is her to be happy.

Vanquisher12 and Kairose like this.
  8. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

try to live in the moment so you will not make up scenarios with them that are not true.

Kairose likes this.
  9. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Yes.. attraction works like that. If you show that you are all over a woman, she is going to run away from you. Only ask her out and have fun in person.
    Stop chating all day long.. phone is only to set date.
    Currently you are behaving femenine. All the things you are feeling are what woman feels when they interact with the guy they like. For woman that is normal, for man is not, masculine man that are confident and dating woman is just another good thing about their life.

You are giving dating woman a lot of weigth in your life. Dating woman should be just another fun stuff to do in your life besides your hobbies, passions, ambitions, friends, family, work, etc.
    if you don't have things going on with your own life you are going to put a lot of focus in filling it with another person, you should be fully happy been alone and not depend in other person son fill you life.
    Build an amazing life by your own and then go and date woman just to add another fun stuff to do in your free time.

Kairose likes this.