1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Procrastination

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Shadow_Monk, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Shadow_Monk

Shadow_Monk Fapstronaut

So, let's talk about procrastination for a moment. I am a master procrastinator. That's something I know I need to work on. Who else deals with this? Anybody have any insights about whether this is a side-effect of PMO, or maybe procrastinators fall into PMO because it's an easy, available, and effective way of wasting a whole bunch of time?

I'm curious to know what other's experience is, because I'm pretty sure that in one way or another, my procrastination has some definite relationship to my long term PMO addiction.

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I'll finish this reply lat

Shadow_Monk likes this.
  3. Nicko Stretch

Nicko Stretch Fapstronaut

All our actions have implications to the rest of our lives be it biological, psychological or social.PMO blasts our brains with high levels of neurotransmitters so for sure it will unbalance other areas of life. Psychologically attaching a specific thought to a feeling like' I cant be bothered to do that now' is often a way to avoid an uncomfortable feeling or the thought of discomfort that we might get by engaging in a specific task.
    The trick is to ask yourself is the discomfort of doing the task worth the outcome. Often we do not ask this question we just jump straight to the 'avoiding any discomfort' stage. if we do ask the question, in most cases the answer is yes, the discomfort will be worth the pay off.

4. BecomeMaster

BecomeMaster Fapstronaut

Too long; won't elaborate:
    I am a master procrastinator and it's really bad. When my NoFap streak passed 1 month once, I noticed it was much easier to focus and not procrastinate.