1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Prostitution

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bullarrd, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Bullarrd

Bullarrd Fapstronaut

A recent confrontation I had made me think about the blindness that effects society in general. Everything nowadays is don't out of selfish intent where two people doing business usually only have their best interest in mind. It reminds me of lyrics I heard from a great rap artist, he said, "if you don't make me money, or make me happy, then I ain't making time for ya, so make it snappy," and when speculated it embodies not only the most recent generation, but every generation except for the last of the baby boomers.

The other thread in question was a thred of mine called Late Night Thought. I was essentially lectured on what the "right" way to talk to women is, and this person believed the right way to talk to women is any way that gets you into their pants. I'm a sense, giving nothing in order to take something of value from a person. This prostitute mentality plagues most of society, where we give money (what we think is valuable) to recieve pleasure (the thing we feel we're in need of).

The bible is not only for the "religious," it is a guide book to live the healthiest lives one can achieve. Not only that, but this guide says if you mess up, you're already vindicated as long as you apologize with a pure heart(the thing most of us can't seem to attain because of such a perverse distortion of life). I'm this guide though, a man not only came down to die for you, but also to be your guide of course. "Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him" (Jn. 13:3-5). In this we see something incredible, a man who had all authority and power over every situation, humbled himself to the lowest position, and cleaned the feet of his friends and even his enemy....

Society has jaded what love truly is. We've prostituted love and in turn, prostituted ourselves. Simply put, if you have pure love someone whether spouse, friend, and even foe, you do whatever for their happiness, you help at the drop of a pen for them, and you forgive relentlessly because there is nothing that can break a pure heart..if you're having trouble understanding, read it over. This is truth that isn't meant to upset you, we are all imperfect, it is meant to show you what love is. Now you have no excuse.

2. tweeby

tweeby Banned

LOL . . . Nope, but I understand why you're writing this.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Wow, very philosophical. I agree with you to an extent, although I think that it gets deeper than people just selling their love for a price.

4. I liked this post. That's all I will say for now.

5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Dude, but we're all sinners, even though most won't admit that they are sinners. That's what the Gospel is for, sinners.

Knighthawk likes this.