1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Proverbs 13:12 hope deferred

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. kylewantstowin

kylewantstowin Fapstronaut

hard day today It's the heaviness in the chest that hurts me the most. the weird dreams make it seem like something is happening but then life goes on as normal. Rejection is frustrating. Change is overwhelming. and life's difficulties are constantly increasing. I would like a break but I don't feel like I've earned one. I would love to see some good and build a family but instead, I feel my burden increase. My faithfulness in the Lord Jesus Christ does not diminish and my hope stays the same. I just wish I understood sometimes. I feel something come out of my body. we as the image-bearers of God express ourselves creatively. It's never in fullness. there is always something missing.
    so we pray hoping
    Your kingdom come, Your will be done
    for 1 day in your court is better than a 1000 days anywhere else.
    one day we will live in Zion with the Lord our God.
    come quickly, Lord.

Vir and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  2. I understand days like that. I have had some recently, as well. it is important in such moments to remind yourself of the truth and not let lies lead you into too deep a melancholy.

We do not need to earn a break. Instead, we can rest in Christ's completed work on our behalf. We cannot earn that; it is simply a gift.

You are surrounded by God's goodness every day. You would like to see some good? Open your eyes and look around. :)

Christ's burden is light, and he will help us shoulder the load. If you feel your burden increasing, why are you neglecting his freely offered help in carrying it?

We do not always understand. But we can always trust our God, who is in control.

Never say "never." Always be slow to say "always." :) The fullest expression of our lives in the Kingdom is ahead of us, but it is coming! We can count on that 100%.

God, grant me the Serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change...
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
    Enjoying one moment at a time,
    Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
    Not as I would have it.
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His will.
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
    And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.

Amen!

God bless you, my friend!

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I have had days like that and as Tao notes, prayer is the answer. There are many ways to pray, one need only google the subject to learn of them. However, one that I think gets overlooked is prayer through actions. When I am feeling particularly out of sorts and unhappy, I have found that doing something for someone else can change my mood.

For most of my life, I had a bad habit of rushing through everything I do, trying to see how quickly I can get it done so I can move on to the next task and thereby increase my output. I didn't enjoy my work, it was merely something that had to be done and gotten over with. When I finally came to grips with this, I slowed down and concentrated on producing high quality results rather than the fastest possible. Forcing myself to slow down and patiently do something for someone else like cooking a nice meal, doing the dishes or vacuuming a room has become a therapy for me. At the same time, I try to do these things as an act of love for someone else, my wife and/or my family or neighbors. In this way, I am serving Christ by serving others and ultimately I find it also brings me joy and peace. Focusing on others helps me take the focus off of myself and my problems.

4. kylewantstowin

thanks this is really helpful I am i guess a bit youger than you but rushing to increase output and efficiency is one mf my main issues in life Godbless

CPilot likes this.
  5. kylewantstowin

Thanks, Jones i feel it was much better for me to come here with my sorrows then turn inwards Godbless you guys

Tao Jones likes this.