1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

psychiatric drugs

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ALEX_88, Nov 6, 2019.

1. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

do any of you use psychiatric drugs? Could you stop using them after practicing abstinence for a long time?

2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

I dont use drugs, but ofcourse you could stop using them. However, for some this is a hard thing to do. And for some these drugs might actually work. If the doctor advised you to use these drugs, i suppose you consult him before you go cold turkey.

3. Ko 44 c HPM

Ko 44 c HPM Fapstronaut

Psychiatric drugs have never done anything but hurt me. I think that if your problems are emotional or addictive, the answer doesn't come in a bottle.

4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Yes, I take anti-depressants and anti-psychotic medication. My mental health and my abstinence have nothing to do with each other. It's like asking "If you have a dog, is your car red?".

ALEX_88 likes this.
  5. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

do you say that depression and anxiety with masturbation have nothing to do with it?

6. In my Early 20s I had some kind of mental health issues that required me to be hospitalized in a psyche ward and was prescribed Risperdal for having what they described as Autistic agression/agitation

Was there for a month, got out and never took that medication again. First, I think it was just a mental breakdown. That to me seems very common esepecially in the world we live in today. Second I got a handle on my life very quickly and figured out if you don't, somebody else will be making life choices for you

I don't take any medications now for anything thank goodness

I mean who wants to live like that?

LEPAGE and ALEX_88 like this.
  7. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Even when I was very young I was depressed but then I managed to recover ... in the last two years I fell back and I had to start taking psychiatric drugs again

Hold it in likes this.
  8. I'm very sorry. There's no shame in taking meds for problems you might be having, I apologize if I came across as cold to others needs.

I was speaking for myself. :)

I hope you feel better though, Depression does indeed suck

ALEX_88 likes this.
  9. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

don't worry friend ...
    I tried to quit this summer but it was a disaster
    The depression was destroying me again ... it is bad .. it is the disease of this century, those who do not try do not know what it means ... my brother had never suffered from depression and did not understand me .... now he also takes psychiatric drugs

LEPAGE and Hold it in like this.
  10. For me I can deal with depression, but I do have OCD as well and a low level general Anxiety, I've lived with these so long I've just learned how to cope with it.

The things that bother me are I have dyslexia which makes it hard to read, (sometimes spell) and understand follow a story. Which really sucks because I love reading and writing

Unfortunately I don't think they make a medication for dyslexia

11. lceres6

lceres6 Fapstronaut

psychiatric drugs that help to sleep can do some good to us

these drugs are used for 15 days or 1 month; and your sleeping cycle could be repaired

then this is good for your health. Nutrition improves. Mental equilibrium improves.

ALEX_88 likes this.