1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PUSH, PULL, and BENIG CONTENT WITH MEDIOCRITY

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by STAR DUST, Jul 29, 2018.

1. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

Have you experienced the power of push and pull. I noticed in life that we have experiences in our lives the we push into or pull away from. I was looking back over my life and realized that the regrets I have, have come from not pushing enough in the right moment. We tend to pull back in certain situations or or sit still at the level we are at. It is like a automobile that goes 100 miles per hour and when you hit a stretch with no limit you decide to just cruise at 47 and a half. Why do we withhold our best efforts?

PUSH-

I noticed this refusal to go ALL IN a while back. Pushing is saying yes to the situation and maximizing the moment. You can maximize the moment with your thoughts attitudes and behavior. When you see someone you know and like go up to them talk to them embrace them. When you are in a social setting put your best foot forward. On a scale from 1 to 10 don’t wallow at a three take it to a ten go all in.

Pull-

Stop pulling away. The push is in your yes the pull is in your no. Now there are in fact some times where you will need to exercise your no. That is only in episodes of danger and things being outside of your preference. You deserve to have what you want, and reject what you don’t want. But don’t say no to things that can take you to the next level. Say yes instead. Say yes to going out. Say yes to signing up. Say yes to the bigger commitment. Say yes to the person offering to help you. Dont pull away and say no but say yes and lean into the experience!

CONTENT WITH THE MEDIOCRE-

I am now content with mediocrity. With my personality I tend to be a perfectionalist and idealist. This means there will always be a better out come or possibility. This is dangerous because when it comes to development of competency. It takes the acknowledgement of mediocrity to get good at something but you have to work through the mediocrity stage. In the past I have refused small opportunity the wasn’t perfect. I will now embrace mediocrity without the persuit of perfection but one of progress.

These are my conclusions on the ideas involved. Push more in life. Stop pulling so much. Start accepting opportunities that don’t look perfect because you don’t know where it can take you.

Thank You

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

This is a good post