1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Push-Ups In Public Challenge [100 Sets]

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by StoicContemplation, Oct 10, 2022.

1. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

I did one set yesterday. Metro platform again. Tomorrow is a new day.

44/100

Ignis Divinis likes this.
  2. StoicContemplation

I did 5 today.

One on the parking of a supermarket. The other in a very crowded gallery in the city. I felt a lot of shame with this one. 1 on a fashion street. 2 on the Grand Place.

With the last set a guy shouted "do more push-ups!". His girl said "good job". Funny.

Almost halfway...

49/100

Mr. Monk and 100 Days like this.
  3. 2/100

I did two sets at my school campus. I noticed I had some hesitation to do them before each set. I was waiting for the “right time” things like this.

Some people looked at me kind of strangely after my sets. One group of two girls laughed a little bit. Only about 4-5 people saw me do them though, it wasn’t a busy time at campus

After the push-ups, I noticed that nothing changed. I was still me walking around. Nothing bad happened from doing the push-ups

I think doing these pushups in public can help me ask for more things I want in life.

StoicContemplation likes this.
  4. StoicContemplation

This describes the feeling well.

That's fine. Your push-ups don't have to take place at Times Square. I did push-ups whilst walking in the countryside when some elderly people were passing by and counted these too.

A few days ago I did 4 sets. One in the supermarket. Two on a median of a pretty busy road. One outside of a snackbar when I was waiting on my food.

Today I did one at a spot where I was waiting for a friend to run. Two women were walking so I thought I'd do a set. I was in a sport outfit so I guess it made it a bit easier.

The only public place where I wouldn't count a set as public is in the gym and at outdoor pull-up racks.

54/100

100 Days likes this.
  5. 3/100

Did one set at the grocery store tonight. I went to the gym earlier today, so I didn't want to push myself too much. I think this is just anxiety though. I could have done at least one more set at the grocery.

There were a few people around near the produce section where I did the pushups. I had one thought of "maybe some guy will try and fight me because he will think I'm trying to be tough doing pushups here in the grocery". But that didn't happen

One lady who saw me do the pushups looked at me curiously afterwards. It wasn't an angry look, just a look of curiosity.

6. StoicContemplation

@100 Days, your post inspired me to do 2 sets at the grocery store.

One was in an isle where another man was looking at the cookies. It wasn't the most busy isle, but that's fine. I usually don't want to do more than one in a short time frame, because I fear a certain 'spotlight effect'. But this is all in my head.

Then I did one at the parking lot of the grocery store, at the shopping carts. There were some people around. Even a car driving in my direction.

56/100

I had to laugh out loud, because I have thoughts like that too :p

Sometimes I think "what if someone will kick my arm so that I fall with my face on the ground?". But that doesn't happen. I've done public push-ups in pretty dodgy metro stations with a pretty throat-cutting vibe. But nothing really happens... Anxiety is in our head.

And if you fear of being judged, then you can think about something like this:

What if a person notices your push-ups and gets really angry about it and goes back home to complain on Twitter that he saw a douchebag doing push-ups in public and then calls the local newspaper. [this doesn't happen]

Would you really want the approval of someone like that? I'd rather be the guy who comes out of his comfort zone and gets noticed, then a guy whose ultimate fear is being judged by strangers.

100 Days likes this.
  7. StoicContemplation

2 sets today.

I went to the library to do some computer work. I was sitting in the reading room. I did a set of push-ups as a break. I did one when I was leaving too, when there were some other people around. When I was doing my second set, an older man sitting at one of the desks asked me "You've been sitting too long?". After I finished, I said, "Yup. Get the blood flowing.". God bless this man!

58/100

Mr. Monk likes this.
  8. StoicContemplation

I did 3 sets 2 days ago. 2 sets yesterday.

63/100

9. I wouldn't feel any shame what so ever Stoic. Most people can't perform push ups any way so it should be a MAJOR confidence booster. It doesn't mean they can't though with proper learning for sure!

StoicContemplation likes this.
  10. StoicContemplation

I can add 3

66/100

Cheers for the heads up! @Mr. Monk

11. StoicContemplation

1 set today in the library

67/100