1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Q for Other Breathwork Nerds- Rickson Gracie and Wim Hof

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Joseph Campbell, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Hey y'all. I was wondering if anyone else is into Wim Hof breathing exercises, and also if anyone heard Rickson Gracie on the many podcasts he's done over the last couple weeks.
    Wim has always generally instructed in his breathwork to bring in a big inhale intentionally, and then to let it go out passively. I just saw Rickson on Rogan, explaining an almost antithetical perspective. He looks at the exhale as the contraction, and the inhale as the solution. He thinks that one can't get a deep, diaphragmatic breath without first expelling to empty.
    I've been playing around with this idea, it's interesting... Anyway, lemme know if you have any thoughts on the topic.

"Breathe Motherfucker!#%(*&!!" -Wim

2. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Wim Hof is awesome. Yeah I sometimes play around with it to deal with stress. I'm also a big advocate for meditation, which I think breathing is the most essential component of.

Joseph Campbell likes this.