1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about depression

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Gota, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Gota

Gota Fapstronaut

I know many here are familiar with depression, so you probably know the feeling when you want nothing except lie in bed all day, even feeling strong anxiety in the morning just from the thinking that you have a long day before you. When I have this feeling I usually force myself to get out anyway and try to live day as 'normal' as I can, but it's very hard and usual day activities has no pleasure at all. The whole day is a torture. And I'm not sure if this is a right strategy. Maybe just doing nothing is better? Personally if I don't get out of bed even for half day I feel like giving up and emotionally it's even worse than forcing myself to do something. But at the same time I feel like I'm pushing myself too much and all I want is to give up. From other side as I live alone I don't have much choices, there are works you need to do anyway.

2. I know of three remedies - meditation, cognitive behavioural therapy or Prozac. But you should see your GP first.

3. Guizmo

Guizmo New Fapstronaut

I know this kind of moment. Sometimes when I'm very bad, I stay at home till I'm in a good fit. I don't know if it's the good solution but I know it works for me.

Gota likes this.