Question for mods about religious material

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by TakingTheSteps, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Question for the moderators:

On Friday I'm going to be starting this 30 Day Fasting Challenge. I went through this challenge in college once, and it was super life changing. The overall goal is to be more in tune with the world and yourself and God, as you fast from a different thing each day, like running water, electricity, etc. There is some reading material that goes along with it -- a short paragraph each day to explain the reason and purpose for that day's fast.

Anyway, long story short, I thought this challenge might be something other people would want to join in on, because it can be a really neat experience, but some of the days and explanations are rather "Jesus-y," so I don't want to get in trouble for posting that stuff. I know the official rule is to keep that stuff in your journal, but for the sake of organization, I'd really prefer to have a separate thread for the challenge where people can post their experiences if they choose to join in.

So would it be okay to proceed with that? Can I just put a little "caution: some Christian-y stuff ahead" disclaimer and call it good?

2. JoeinMD

JoeinMD Fapstronaut

I think moderators mean that one shouldn't flood or invade other people's threads with one's own beliefs - whether they be Christianity, agnosticism, or atheism even. Respect and allowing people their space and freedom of their own beliefs is the rule to follow. You are free to write what is true and real for your own recovery in your own journal (as you acknowledge) or to start your own separate thread (which may be helpful, I suppose, to outright name as Christian oriented, or some such - thus, those who don't care to, won't enter; inasmuch as some may not want to enter an atheist discussion thread). I don't think you need to apologize for your Christian viewpoints, though, like "Warning: Jesus-y stuff ahead," as if you were warning against sexual triggers or other sordid material. The name of your thread would be respectful and indicative enough to let people know what's being discussed inside - just like there are some threads devoted to Christian discussion or Muslim discussion or Secular topics or whatever. Best wishes!

3. That's pretty much what I figured, but I just wanted to double check, because it seems like some religious threads don't get mentioned and others get told "you shouldn't be posting that stuff here," so it's a bit confusing as to what the rules actually are.

4. anchoredinhope

anchoredinhope Fapstronaut

There
    join the Christian group