1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

question to frontend programmers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by matt2k12, Sep 20, 2021.

1. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

Hi-
    So I basically can make any app(s)/websites I want using HTML, CSS, JavaScript and maybe SQL and PHP.

I can make them look nice.

Why TF should I use stuff like React / Angular etc.? I looked at the documentation and its confusing as hell. Whats the use of using react for building UI's and design, i mean, I have to write code anyway - and why shouldnt I just write it in plain css/js? Can anyone explain?

2. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I don't know much. But they are JS libraries and I guess they're supposed to help you to code easier, faster, etc. Just like JQuery. You have used JQuery, haven't you?

Why do you care? I mean, you got projects that force you to use these libraries and not plain JS?

Anyway, it's not a good practice to be religious about languages/libraries/etc in programming.

matt2k12 likes this.
  3. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

nope, just curious, thats all. you say they are supposed to make code faster and easier - thats what i dont understand, because for me it doesnt seem easier or faster. same as using material librariers like materialise.io

4. react is made to mage the development of bigger sites more easy, you have html in javascript wich allows for some more trickery. You can also use libarys such as type writer effects more easyly.

But i would suggest to get very gooed with the stuff you mentioned, and make stuff from scratch. Also react had a lot of depencies wich makes stuff overcomplicated in my opinion.

matt2k12 likes this.
  5. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

I haven't used React / Angular TBH. Going to switch to Backend soon. If I wanted to stay in Frontend, as the next step I'd probably learn React deeply as it's popular.

matt2k12 likes this.
  6. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

thanks, thats what i thought. i tried to use google materials once in a project, but i found, it was much easier for me to write my own stuff from scratch..
    probably if i would want to work in the field react would be a requirement .. but for solo projects, i dont need it

Anselem likes this.