1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question About the Benefits

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Andrew Klevan, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Andrew Klevan

Andrew Klevan New Fapstronaut

So I keep watching videos and hearing people say that the 3-4 day mark is when you feel the worst and have the most urges. Though, despite it being true I had many urges throughout that time, I was surprisingly able to jump straight out of bed and felt like getting more done than I ever had. I love eating, and lunch is my favorite meal of the day. However, either on the 3rd or 4th day (I forgot which one), I didn't even want to get up to eat but wanted to stay working on my ELA homework. I fucking hate ELA lol. Could this be because of NoFap, or was I doing something else in my life at this point? I've relapsed since then, which is why I am wondering as I need motivation to continue. Thanks

2. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

1. My homies hate ELA 2. Breakfast is the best:change my mind 3.it could be because of the relapse as your neurotransmitters settle down again. As around the 3 day mark you start getting less dopamine which is the motivation transmitter. Could also be because of other variables that you did within the times.

Cheers and stay strong!

3. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

I wouldn't worry too much about what is supposed to happen on what specific day. It varies too greatly for each guy to really say for sure. Some people feel those day 3-4 urges after the first 8 hours. Some never get there and are good for a while once they get through the first couple of days. Also, a function of arousal is alertness so you may have unintentionally channeled your urges into working on homework. Some guys believe this is like an actual huge thing and call it sexual transmutation, its a sub-board on the forum somewhere. I don't know enough about it to believe any of that but there you go. The other thing is generally doing nofap makes you want to do better in other areas of life and its an exercise of willpower in a way. So you may just be more willing to do homework. Even a streak of a few days can be enough to change behavior in some people. In any case keep going, nofap has far more benefits than you actually doing your homework.