1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quiet the mind by using a eye patch.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by oooo, Dec 18, 2015.

1. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

Hi fellow fapstronauts,

I found this video on YouTube,
    I never heard of it but i was wondering what do you think about it?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

2. At a certain level I love this stuff and I will try it to see. I have used EMDR on myself, built my own little device, basically it is two pulsing motors one for each hand that alternate certain patterns, it has a similar effect as she describes, initially disorienting, later calming.

Her explanation is almost certainly bunk... but that is nothing new... ppl often use science to try and bolster their claims... the main problem is that she doesn't seem to know that there is not one eye per brain half but that each eye contributes equally to each brain half. The back of your head that processes vision is like a screen: the right side of each eye contributes to the right side of the brain and the left side of each eye contributes to the left.
    [​IMG]

But anyway she is not a neurologist and her explanation makes no sense.... there may be other reasons it has the effect it does... anyway thx for passing this along!

fapequalsdeath likes this.
  3. NoRandom

NoRandom Fapstronaut

Okay so I wanted to watch the first video but she clearly turns me on. Help!

4. NoRandom

NoRandom Fapstronaut

NVM I watched the video and figured I need to be able to deal with the stimulus.

5. Thechosenone

Thechosenone Fapstronaut

The bates method of eye cupping is really good too.

6. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

@JackStrident

Hi bro, can you let me know if you feel any improvement of it?

7. Sure man, I'll pick a patch up tomorrow and let you now what happens.

oooo likes this.
  8. Empowered

Empowered Fapstronaut

Has anyone seen the movie Zatoichi? First thing that came to my mind when I read this.
    I'm interested as well, if anyone has tried it out let us know!

9. It's only been 24 hours... but I can definitely report so far this is not some subtle thing... it is, as predicted for the first few days, annoying, though managing much better than yesterday. I also felt dizzy a few times (with the patch off) and took a nap where i slept like a baby... curious to see what will happen in a few days

JoePineapples and oooo like this.
  10. Ducati

Ducati Fapstronaut

Is it ok if I use my hand to cover my eye if I am too lazy to get a patch ? The only difference is when you use your hand the eye is closed but with patch the eye is still open.

JoePineapples likes this.
  11. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

@JackStrident I wanted to rip the eyepatch off because it is really annoying, do you think it matters at what time you do it?
    for example before going to sleep?

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. I have no idea. I am doing it while working on the computer. But she mentioned this would be the reaction. And if my experience with EMDR is similar you have to get past the annoyance, get used to it and forget about it... at least that is what I am attempting to do... who knows?

13. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Intriguing. I will give this a go in the new year.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  14. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

A further thought on this… as I was attempting to get to sleep last night using earplugs (Mrs Pineapples snores like a hippo, bless her), would using a single earplug strengthen the effect?

There has been research on the relationship between which ear you listen with and how it affects your understanding of what's being said… although, of course, all this stuff needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially when it's in the Daily Mail.
    Article link.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. @JoePineapples There is real cool hard neurological science as to how different brain halves process perception differently you kinda need people who are missing a brain half, or have had their corpus callosum severed :O ... but it is fascinating.
    This stuff has no scientific backing that I know of. The EMDR crowd claim their device has a huge advantage in helping people process traumatic events with long term studies to back it up... and you can find several long term studies by others showing that it is no better than any other therapy :D
    I had a therapist once who used EMDR on me for a few sessions. It was kinda weird but ok. It definitely effected my focus and awareness somehow... but later that day I was blown away by the effect of listening to music. It kinda had the heightened awareness effect of smoking pot... without all the negatives of smoking pot (which I haven't done in a long time). I've been interested in it ever since. I've tried the visual and auditory stuff and it does not have the same effect on me... here is a link to some mp3s... a few of them are nice background sound, if you listen with headphones it will give you that back and forth stimulation bilateral effect that "balances your brain"

http://mp3indo.download/emdr-bilateral-sound/

JoePineapples likes this.
  16. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut