1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting Social Media and Starting Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MixerAwersome, May 14, 2020.

1. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Let's recap:
    I have started to measure through an app the productive time. I am not giving up on social but when I am focusing or working or working out I mustn't have any social media notification etc.
    I must say that I am about on 3-4 hours really productive + 1 hour of workout a day.

Of course now I need to focus on quantity (quality can be improved but I think for the moment is ok).
    Let's keep working
    Ciao!

2. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Well... We need always improving. I want to add one strenght workout every morning. Starting from tommorow (today I have done it). Let's see if I can keep it up. Of course still measuring my productive hours.... also in that I need to improve .... Love the process ... not the results!

MixerAwersome likes this.
  3. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Hello fellows,
    Tonight I was thinking some steps ahead have been made ... but not something that really make the difference.
    The productive time is ok ...but still not good. We have to become badass and not remain pussy.
    The point for me is becoming more focus during concentration time. I am now anyway struggling. I want to cut the music during focus time and allow it only pause time and workout and let's see if I can improve the perfomance.

4. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

It's been more than a year since I quit all social media.
    One thing that happened is that I started feeling less lonely and had less anxiety.
    I always had this terrible feeling looking at people living their "great" lives and I always found myself attempting to portray my life and myself what it wasn't. Craving for likes, craving for attention. I realised how pointless they were.

Submariner and Kurushimi like this.
  5. MixerAwersome

MixerAwersome Fapstronaut

same is happening with me brother.Thats why I'm quitting social media.
    I have stopped using social media except whatsapp cause I got work related notifications there.
    I just have to find the best alternative for that.
    I want peace of mind.

Kurushimi likes this.
  6. Crownyourdreams

Crownyourdreams Fapstronaut

I know some people who did this, and now they are happy people. Social media take a lot of time away from our lives, and we don't even can imagine how many hours!
    Instead of being there reading your screen, looking at funny cat memes or anything else, you can use this time to develop yourself.
    You can work more, develop something and start a new life!

MixerAwersome and Kurushimi like this.
  7. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

The problem is that is difficult, not impossible, to live without social. I am using them for events, to stay in touch with "friends", to meet new people and even for work.
    I have decided to limit the time but keeping them. It s kind to accept anyway a drug but with limits

8. MixerAwersome

I'm a memer and have 2 meme pages,So,I know this fact very well. Dopamin / Time wasted is not worthy.

9. Crownyourdreams

Crownyourdreams Fapstronaut

Wow 2 pages! I guess you pass a lot of time on the internet everyday :D

10. MixerAwersome

haha not now

11. MixerAwersome

I'm spending much time on NoFap as I have removed all the other social media.I have to make some rules using this forum too cause when I visit this forum and start reading updates, success stories,even though planning a proper time for this website,I can't skip the story in a mid way. Of course this is Social media too where everyone is anonymous,so the thing is,I'm going to stop using nofap in the day time.
    I'm allotting time for NoFa now and its between 10 pm to 10:30pm. Not more than that. Period.

Crownyourdreams and Awedouble like this.
  12. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Yeah me too. It might even be good to do it earlier in the day, there's the tendency to slip into just a bit more time at night. Or maybe you could say okay, if there's nothing interesting no need to take up the whole half hour, even cut out early, base it on how much you can read a whole post. If it takes 25 minutes then that's it.

Of course if that's not an issue for you there could be a benefit in reading this forum as the last act of the day, assuming you're going to bed right after. You're reminded about not to act on PMO.

13. MixerAwersome

Today I successfully tackled all the urges and stayed away from my phone,social media.I want this to continue for next 21 days.

14. Carrotman

Carrotman Fapstronaut

I had to delete facebook and whatsapp due to always looking at someone's else success and comparing myself to them. It was a problem that kept putting me in the dumps and leading me to relapse. But now that I have no social media apps whatsoever (except for Ifunny due to memes) I have been able to concentrate on my own life goals and dreams without comparison. So yeah I've been there and you know what? I don't miss it Thank God.

STAY STRONG AND EAT YOUR VEGGIES!

MixerAwersome and Kurushimi like this.
  15. MixerAwersome

I have come up with 21 Day Habit Tracker (If anyone wants to join,they can )
    Lets go step by step
    1)Wake up at 6 am everyday for 21 days

2)Meditate for everyday for 21 days

3)Workout everyday for 21 days

4)No Afternoon nap for 21 days

5)No games for 21 days

6)No Social media for 21 days

7) sleep for atleast 7-8hours everyday for 21 days

16. Mujahid21

Mujahid21 Fapstronaut

I th
    Nice bro, I think the biggest problem is SMARTPHONE. as long as you stay with smartphone. It'll be hard to quit from any distractions ...

17. Mujahid21

Mujahid21 Fapstronaut

I have been quitting social media for 3 months by using my dumb phone :)

18. hajimekobayashi

hajimekobayashi Fapstronaut

If you can just delete them, now you have even less motivation and incentives to go since you have to create a new account. I deleted Insta amd Facebook both because of the damage it caused and also because of their horrible privacy issues.

Mujahid21 likes this.
  19. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Being consistent is the key. My motivation is lower during the weekends cause I am thinking what the hell is day off... the fact is that or we always improve or we always get worse.

Also today ... I want to have some productive hours.

Mujahid21 and MixerAwersome like this.
  20. Kurushimi

Kurushimi Fapstronaut

Life is shitty and unfair. Of course there are sunny days but the problem is to endure also for the rest. Today I had same bad news and general issues and of course my motivation is really low. These are the days where you relapse you give up to everything and the we had to restart from the beginning. My life is just like that. But I really want to show strength.
    Today I had anyway a workout and I have bought a book on order to get some tips on controlling my emotions. If I quit now all the efforts have been useless. You know everyone is suppose to die once ...I think about it...I am not sure how I will end up. But I am thinking all the times to keep at least my honor and have an always keep fighting to the end attitude.
    That is the way I suppose to go.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020