1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by popshot, Mar 18, 2014.

1. popshot

popshot Fapstronaut

I have a new urge, I feel this great surge of energy right in my gut to just start writing down rhymes. Idk if its listening to too much rap, I always got my headphones on listening to Eminem, Hopsin, Dr. Dre, snoop dog. It's like watching someone play baseball or baketball for years. The thing is you've never played before. Just watching, wouldn't you want to play as well. Same with smoking for the first time, watching endless movies with actors lighting it up, sometimes your favorite, and then your friends and fam. After a few years of observation and talk about why, when they started, do they plan on quiting till you finally feel like you're in too deep by just the questions being answered and now its just a matter of taking that first pull.

Anyways don't want to go off topic thiss topic that's already off lol. Too many people these days trying to pursue rap, but they just got a label signed for them just for 6 months and they just start going berserk about how theyre number 1.. I'm not that type of person. I dont care about publicity, don't even care for a rap name. Although I've got a lot to learn about it. The past months I've downloaded apps to help me practice but I get discouraged after a bit because it's not something I'm used to trying.

Got to create a flow, got to learn to freestyle, create a style and ofcourse the rhymes can't be simple. I guess I'm just thinking too out there, venting just now made me realize I should just start writing and spitting for fun and see how that goes for a while. I think nofap will help me with all the extra energy, since I've heard people taking up a lot of hobbies.

Smh I don't think I'll marry, I mean whose parents these days want to know their future son-in-law raps lmao
    Just hypothetically speaking. Honestly I think I'll just stay single anyways, lesss stress :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

Sounds like a great idea dude! I wish you the best of luck.

I've gotten really into rap over the past 4 or 5 years. Eminem is my favorite mainstream rapper, but Boots Riley of the Coup is my absolute favorite. "Take the system by the throat. That's the antidote. So I pose a proposition. Take a look, be in support or opposition. Then be proactive, proceed with confidence. 'Cause you know you can't do shit when ridin' the fence."

I read somewhere that Eminem keeps a notebook with him at all times where he is always writing down words that rhyme. If anything comes to mind, he stops what he's doing and writes it down. Then he studies and memorizes this "word database" that he can always pull from his head when writing or freestyling or whatever.

You said that your rhymes "can't be simple." Don't be too ambitious. You're (likely) not going to be coming up with Em-worthy multi-syllabic rhymes like "confidence, ridin' the fence" or "door hinge loose, four inch screws" right away. You gotta crawl before you walk before you run.

3. popshot

popshot Fapstronaut

Thanks @giggleshmack I'm glad my thread caught your eye.

Eminem & Hopsin which I just edited in. I follow Eminem as an ideal because I can relate to almost everything he's put out there. I'll look into your favorite, got to be more open minded to different styles and word play and soak up as much as I can. "Orange & syringe" I'm somewhat familiar with the rhyming of just one or two syllables, but like you say it takes a hell of a lot of time to even be nearly as good as world class rappers. They make it their life, which I'm not sure about doing. Just writing my feelings down about life trying to send a message and turning them into worthy lyrics.

Yess I've actually been writing since last year, my ex actually help the passion in the flame be ignited. At first I wrote for her then I started writing about my experiences and hard times filling them with all kinds of fluctuating emotions. Looking back I did get better at connecting words and sentences well.

Pm me, you'll see some of the rhymes I just made up after posting this :) & Gratz on your 84 days ^-^

4. Misunderstood

Misunderstood Fapstronaut

My number one tip to you is listen to other rappers, both mainstream and underground. It helps, trust me. Eminem seems like a rap god now but I bet you my life savings when you listen to others, he'll seem overrated in your eyes lol. It's what happened to me. But for real, listen to a lot of music, both rap and others.

5. popshot

popshot Fapstronaut

Even though I disagree with your statement, I'll look into other rappers just to see if that's true. Most times mainstream doesn't always turn out to be the best. Not everyone can get signed by Dre or shady records. Lol thanks @misunderstood