1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. The only living boy in new york 5/10. Good cast lame movie.

2. The purge is amazing. Especially part 2,3. First was was so boring and depressing. I haven't watched the new purge but its rating is discouraging

3. Yesterday I watched a well animated movie called Bilal, I loved it.
    The animation is really skilled that looked seriously real in showing the objects, the environment. Also the story was well written.
    I would give it 8.7 out of 10

4. Thanks for the review! That is what I want :p

5. Well, the characters weren't plan evil, but I just didnt feel connected to them, personally.

Yeah, Dexter is just a better written character. And its tough to accomplish that in like an hour and a half film about multiple different people. You can only go so deep. Especially given that it's a horror flick and nobody wants to spend too much time on the boring stuff before getting to the spooks. So it's not necessarily a huge fault of the movie, but it just wasnt my thing.

In contrast, though, I loved the 3rd purge movie and totally connected with the main woman in that. Partly because I like that actress, but mostly because of her character. She was very unique and interesting and had a unique perspective of the purge and was trying to stop it, which was cool. And I guess the main girl in The First Purge was kind of like that, but idk, I the rest of the characters were just blah to me.

Also, I will say, its interesting reading the Dexter books (which I've been doing lately), because he is a much more likeable character in the show. They give him more humanity at times, which I think was wise, because it makes it more enjoyable to watch.

marsha124 likes this.
  6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Okay, that makes sense.

Great answer. I wanna add that Dexter also wanted to be a good father figure with Rita's kids. Tony Soprano also had to see a therapist for help, which I felt made him a bit more interesting than just being a mobster.

7. Good point, I think that always helps if someone is doing evil things but they are either compensated or outweighed by the good/interesting things.

8. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

The handmaiden
    9/10

9. The Lego Ninjago Movie - 8/10

Good:
    Family Friendly
    Positive Message
    Great Visuals
    Cute Cat
    Funny at Times

Bad:
    The "L-loyd" joke got annoying after the first few times.
    Nothing super memorable
    The "real life" parts at the beginning and end weren't really necessary.

If you liked The Lego Movie and/or The Lego Batman Movie, you'll like this movie. I didn't like it as much as Lego Batman, but I would still recommend watching this.

10. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Siva 1989
    8/10

11. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Ninjago sucked donkey dung bruh. Overrated you have made this!!

12. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Are you Indian?

13. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

The Nun
    4/10

Um I mean they know how to trigger your adrenaline with camera work but the actual scares were cheesy as sin?

14. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I was slow to get into BB, but honey is it worth it. Better Call Saul hooked me even harder.

15. It's not for me, but I know plenty of people enjoy it.

marsha124 likes this.
  16. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

That's what I said.

Are you sure you are even giving it a chance?

17. Why does it matter to you if I like the show that you like? I'm not at all even slightly interested in that show. I'm glad you enjoy it, but it's not for everybody.

marsha124 likes this.
  18. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I was slow to get into Dexter. Almost quit after an episode. I couldn't bring my conscience to a state of being ok with rejoicing in serial killer content. However it hooked me when I gave another episode a chance. My friend also kept expressing his fondness of it, and he had better morals than me.

But I stopped sometime during the final season. Like I lost interest and didn't even care to see how it ended. They messed it up bad. I binged all the way until the last several episodes.

marsha124 likes this.
  19. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I think you're just a snob honey. This conversation is going in the dumpster.