1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Agreed, i love that movie

2. The Shack 8/10

I hate most Christian movies but I kinda like this one. The film tries to answer the question that if God is loving then why does evil exist. Don't think anyone can give me a satisfying answer to such a question but what is said made me think. It made me realise that the subject of suffering is a bigger issue than what most people (myself included) think it is. I loved how Sarayu (Holy Spirit) is portrayed in it. I've always found the Holy Spirit to be quite scary but in this she's lovely. She is well played the Japanese actress Sumire. It was also good to see Alice Braga make an appearance. The downside was Sam Worthington would sometimes switch between having an American accent to having an Australian accent. Why didn't they cast an American actor to play his part? Another thing was in one scene there was a continuity error. But a pretty good film none the less. Also, I think it's rather silly that it became controversial because God was a woman in it. The God character explains that it's making the appearance as a woman because the MC will be more welcoming to God as a woman and anyway towards the end, God takes up the appearance of a man.

3. That's on my to see list.

4. Eh, I wouldn't recommend it. But its up to you.

5. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 9/10

I loved the animation, the plot was well written, and the there were some moments that landed very good for me. Sony did a much better job with this film than with Venom in my opinion.

So, can't wait to buy this movie on dvd and blu-ray.

Taylor25 likes this.
  6. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society 10/10

So many things to love about this.
    Lily James stars in it.
    It's about a writer (love movies about writers).
    It gives a little bit of education about Guernsey and how it was occupied during WWII.
    It presents the Germans as not being one-dimensional characters but a little bit more complicated.
    I used to work on an Island near Guernsey and would visit it often and while it wasn't filmed in Guernsey certain scenes reminded me of Guernsey.

*Watching it made me regret I didn't visit the war museum at St Peters Port when I was over there and makes me want to go back to visit it.

7. Bumblebee - 9.5/10

I saw it with my aunt this afternoon and man, that was fantastic. The best in the Transformers series. Period.

EDIT: I can say I am glad I passed the fifth Transformers movie because it got deadly panned by the critics and then got nominated for the Razzie Awards.

8. I saw that movie a few weeks ago and i really liked it too. I like period movies like that when they're done right

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Bird Box - 10/10

I have pretty much no complaints about this movie. It's really interesting, great acting by Sandra Bullock (no surprise there), and a really captivating story. The pacing was excellent, which I was concerned about at first when it seemed like the only characters were Sandra Bullock and the two kids. But instead with all the flashbacks, I felt the pacing was perfect and it was still interesting to see her struggling being on her own with the kids, but it also didnt drag too long without involving other characters who could actually enagage in an interesting way.

The message was cool, too. I liked seeing some representation of a pregnant woman who as just kind of "meh" about having a baby and felt uncomfortable with everyone talking to and about her as if her pregnancy was like her entire identity. I think that's how I would feel if I was pregnant. I dont think I would like everyone making such a huge deal out of everything or talking about my pregnancy 24/7. Idk, I just thought it was a different and interesting perspective to see.

I would highly recommend this film, and I cant wait to listen to the audiobook!

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

The Evil Dead (Original) 9/10
    It was a good supernatural horror movie. I didn't find it scary but the effects were really well made and I liked that fact that the demon had no real body and was just like a killer wind.

Taylor25, shen and (deleted member) like this.
  11. KillCommunism

KillCommunism Fapstronaut

Death of Superman. DC animated version.

It was alright I guess. 5/10

+1 for a cool supes.
    -1 for shit tier Marvel style humor.
    +2 for nice ass shots of wonder woman
    -4 for using a children's super heroine sexually

Final score = 3/10

shen likes this.
  12. shen

shen Fapstronaut

The 'Burbs 6.8/10.

Not much to the story but it was a hoot and nanny. One of Tom Hanks best. The set and characters were all fun to watch and it really was a feel good campy time despite the lack of substantial story.

It was an 80s goofball horror flick man what do you expect? Initial release February 17, 1989.

13. Ghost in the Shell - 7/10
    Note: I haven't seen the anime show

The Bad:
    -Weird/Triggering opening (and a few other scenes throughout)
    -The twists weren't very surprising

The Good:
    -Positive Message
    -Lots of Action

14. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Fapstronaut

15. randoguy4

randoguy4 Fapstronaut

Mary Poppins Returns 7/10

Quite a pleasant surprise, especially given my low expectations. Very nostalgic. Children cried at the "scary" parts and were then silenced on cue by Mary Poppins' soothing presence. The best part was later rewatching the original Mary Poppins and discovering how great it is.

16. Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse - 8/10

The Good:
    +Animation style was great
    +Some funny moments
    +Good action
    +End credits scene was hilarious

The Bad:
    -A little confusing at times
    -A few of the Spider people could have used more screen time

MJ93 and Taylor25 like this.
  17. That scene where a demonic female bite her own skin and that freaked me out bad.

18. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Yes, too bad the retcons for the sequels.

19. I Give It a Year 5/10

So I liked it more than @Castielle. In some parts, it reminded me of The Last Kiss. What I liked about The Last Kiss was that it showed how hard relationships can be and the pain that adultery brings and at one point I thought this was going in that direction but it didn't. I suppose with many movies glamorising relationships it's good to see a film that gives a glimpse into how awful relationships can be, but there are films out there that do a better job in showing this. I thought Stephen Merchant's character an idiot but he did make me laugh.

Deleted Account likes this.