1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. When We First Met -- 8/10

Cute story. I liked the little bit of a twist at the end. Adam Devine is always great, but I was a little bit disappointed it wasn't funnier. Since he was in it, I expected to be laughing a lot, but I only had one laugh out loud in the whole thing. But aside from that, it was a good movie for what it was.

Asgardian36 and Nervesofsteel like this.
  2. John Wick 3 - 7.5/10
    I just think it was too frenetic for my taste and the story could be better explored, although i think John Wick 2 was much better. Maybe i should watch it again. But either way, it is a good and cool movie.

3. Nervesofsteel

Nervesofsteel Fapstronaut

Shazam!! One of the better Dc universe film of late. Reshreshing comedy for the family.
    8/10

Deleted Account and reystronaut like this.
  4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Wish I Was Here
    9/10

Not Zach Buff's best film but still pretty good. Deals with the subject of gender roles, pursuing dreams and father and son relationship. And oh I :emoji_heart_eyes: Kate Hudson in it.

5. I watched Jackal, this cheesy Bruce Wills / Sidney Portier movie about the Russian Mob in Moscow from 1997. It was bad and the Russian accents were all so terrible, I couldnt finish it. 3/10

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Drive.
    I found all the events well-balanced, no over the top fight scenes, no petty drama moments. Just a good action movie. The soundtrack was really good.
    8/10.

7. Fate of the Furious (F&F 8)
    8/10
    Yes, these movies are getting more and more ridiculous, but I still find them entertaining. Charlize Theron makes a wonderful villain

8. Death Race: Above Anarchy
    2/10

Not a recent movie I watched, but still fresh in my mind from months ago. I loved the 2008 movie with Jason Statham as well as its official sequel, so I thought I'd enjoy this one. Boy, was I wrong. It had a decent opening, but it quickly got insanely graphic and sex driven. Merely 8 minutes in, it's like I'm watching the goreist horror movie ever and the scene is still burned in my mind. I couldn't get halfway through before I had to shut it off.

At least here's the takeaway...I can replay that scene whenever I feel any urges, and, poof...they're gone

9. Spiderman: Far From Home 7/10

I really liked this move more than the first one and I loved the modern update for Mysterio.

Nervesofsteel and Hank Pym like this.
  10. The last movie I watched was the Babadook. I'd give it a 7/10.. Ending is a twist and good...

Nervesofsteel likes this.
  11. Midsommar... I'm honestly not sure how to rate it out of 10. Maybe a 6?

It was really beautiful made, lots of visually stunning shots and editing and direction. But the story itself fell flat for me in a major way.

It was fairly predictable, and while I was interested in what was happening throughout the story, the ending didn't pay off in my opinion. I kind of expected/wanted more. But given how beautifully done it was, I can't say it was bad.

Basically, these guys sum up all my thoughts pretty perfectly:

12. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

Spiderman Far from home.

7,5/10, good story, good writing , decent fights, quite cringe but it's ok, the jokes where quite forced though.

13. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

The last movie I watched was John Carpenter's The Thing. It was my third or fourth time watching it. 10/10 Propably my favorite horror film. Maybe even my favorite film ever. It's old but time has been suprisingly merciful on it. Although there is this one finnish YTP-video that kinda ruined some scenes by making them hilarious.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  14. Mithras

Mithras Fapstronaut

Pájaros de Verano
    7/10

15. V for Vendetta: 8/10. The message appeals to me greatly and I enjoyed the writing, but some scenes felt really rushed.

EDIT: 7/10. After sleeping on the movie, some things about it confuse me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2019
    u376 likes this.
  16. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

i think its a bit overhyped

17. Bad Times at the El Royale
    5/10

Not very realistic. Where were all the cops the entire time..that one cop had no backup the entire time??
    the cult scene..that was poor..cults are dumb but that one was beyond dumb.

18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Stree
    8/10

19. Nervesofsteel

Nervesofsteel Fapstronaut

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
    8/10 just watch thus one the other day it was very entertaining. If you like Action comedy its worth a watch.

20. NitricOxide

NitricOxide Fapstronaut

Para bellum . John wick 3. Felt the action sequences were a bit slow. But Haley bery and her dogs made up for more than . And I don't even like halle berry. Overall. Good flick has me pumped for wick 4

AngelofDarkness likes this.