1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

“We ride together, We die together”
    Bad Boys For Life!

9/10.
    It was a fun movie.
    I was able to predict that it’ll end with Mike Lowry having a f*** history with ‘La Bruja’.
    Epic.

Akeakua and Shadow™輝ツ like this.
  2. Tryingto

Tryingto Fapstronaut

My family and I watched the original 'Rocky' the other night. Oh my, what a treat that was. Better writing, acting, directing, and cinematography than I'd recalled in even my wildest dreams. 8/10.

3. The Prestige: 9/10

Great writing, great directing, and great acting. I knew how it ended from some spoilers I heard awhile ago, but it didn't ruin the movie for me at all. It actually made it more interesting to watch if anything. Fantastic movie and one of my all-time favorites now.

BB82, Akeakua, u376 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Spies in disguise 9.5/10
    loved it my second fav animation movie after spider verse :)

Akeakua likes this.
  5. Inception. 7/10.
    2 points lost because I had to help my brother understand what was going on which greatly degraded the experience. Otherwise a 9/10.

What if this is all a dream?

6. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Haha you can’t tell!
    What a brilliant movie!

7. Predators: 7.5/10

Despite the uninteresting protagonists it had good practical effects, cool new Predator designs, and was really solid overall. I don't understand the hate for this movie as it supposedly ruins the lore with the alpha Predator. I think they just took more inspiration from the wacky stuff they have in the comics (e.g bad bloods and the more bizarre gadgets like the falconer's drone).

Akeakua and Shadow™輝ツ like this.
  8. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    I watched the whole Back to the future movie. I remember watching it in my childhood, it was enjoyable :) 10/10 for me

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Back to the Future :) I want to give that one a rewatch sometime.

Aguirre, Wrath of God (Werner Herzog) - 7/10 mostly for the sheer amount of work that went on behind the scenes. Beautiful scenery, ugly humanity, not my kind of movie.

Onwards - 5/10 probably a controversial take but it was such a lackluster odyssey and the pay-off was underwhelming. However, the animation is gorgeous and I like the attention the animators gave to showing well the emotions of the two brothers.

The Red Turtle - 7/10 Beautiful animation, starts off a man cast-away on an island, studying and utilizing its resources to escape and blossoms into something more philosophical. I would like to watch it again, my focus was not entirely in it towards the end, there may be some symbolic undercurrents I was not aware of.

10. Tryingto

Tryingto Fapstronaut

A Star Is Born with Judy Garland. A painful watch because Judy is so clearly on her way down as she tries to play a character on her way up. Some of the musical numbers are stunning though; she really, really has a voice. Also, the restored version has some strange 'scenes' in which film footage is missing. All in all, hard to rate but I'll go with 6/10 with moments of 8 and instants of 4.

Akeakua likes this.
  11. peglegb88

peglegb88 Fapstronaut

Horrible Bosses. A fun comedy to take mind off things, 7/10

Akeakua likes this.
  12. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Spectral
    10/10 This is the best sci fi movie i have ever watched, awesome movie.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  13. Rewatched Alien vs Predator after a long time. 7/10. It's B-movie as f, but I personally like that. Maybe also because I really love the game. AvP Requiem was horrible though, especially because they f up the Predalien (except the design).

14. Tinta_Turntur

Tinta_Turntur New Fapstronaut

Poltergeist 8/10. A classic. horrible deaths surround that movie although it was sheer coincidence - still sad and worth mentioning. i forgot that the ghastly 'poltergeist' thing looks like some fraggle rock shit tho lol. filled w great acting and the whole fam really sets a fun, down to earth tone for the movie even up until their daughter goes missing.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  15. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles Fapstronaut

Watched Ready or Not last night, good gory fun just a good film to take your mind off things after a long day. Pitch black comedy and Samara Weaving was class. Ending can be hit and miss but I was invested enough to enjoy it. 7/10

16. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Black Panther
    10/10

Finally saw it and thought it was excellent. Unique and engaging story. Also still relevant to what's going on in the world today.

FlowingSaiyan likes this.
  17. Tony Corleone

Tony Corleone Fapstronaut

Watched the Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. Totally hilarious movie, really fun to watch. Borat 1 was way more funnier and had me laughing like crazy, but this one was politically very important. Sasha Baron Cohen is a genius, excellent acting from him again! 8/10 for me.

Steppingintotheunkown likes this.
  18. Bright_eyes

Bright_eyes Fapstronaut

Right now I'm sitting home, because my brother unfortunately caught Covid-19, and I'm doing Trailer Park Boys marathon. Right now I'm on the fourth season. Almost perfect dark, sarcastic humor, I'll give it a solid 9 out of 10.

Tony Corleone likes this.
  19. Steppingintotheunkown

Steppingintotheunkown Fapstronaut

Borat subsequent movie. 8/10, hilarious :emoji_laughing:

Tony Corleone likes this.
  20. House of 1000 Corpses

I've heard so much about this movie and I am a fan of horror/psychological movies but this was disappointing to me. It had some cool imagery (Earl Firefly & Dr. Satan were badass) and soundtrack, but other than that it was just a movie about murdering and torturing people, with no substance. 3/10