1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i watched the older ones as kid,dont remember to well,but the last one was the kindom of the crystal scull . shia labeouf.I ve alwasy liked that actor but a shame i didnt notice him when first watching constantine .Going to rewatch the oldies before the newer newer indiana jones, yes sir

2. yes

3. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Tina
    9/10

Since Tina Turner recently passed away I decided to give it a watch. I didn't know a lot about her career or life before watching this except that 'Simply the Best' and 'What's Love Got to With It' were big hits and that she was in an abusive marriage. The film shows how standing up to her ex-husband made her a stronger person and drove her to reinvent herself musically. It's quite remarkable that as a black woman, she decided to make rock music. I can't think of any other black woman who's done that, the only black female artist who's come close to doing that is Rihanna but she's more pop than rock. It's interesting that it was Buddism that empowered Tina to finally stand up to her ex-husband and I wish they spent more time focusing on the role religion played in her life. From what I can tell she remained a Christian but also drew on Buddism. Another thing that's remarkable is that she talked about how she was able to forgive her ex and even have compassion for him. She said at the end of the day when you hold onto hate you are just hurting yourself so it's important to forgive and that her ex had a sickness.

4. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Octopussy - 10/10

5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Good Morning by Yasujiro Ozu - 9/10
    Great realist comedy film

6. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

The knock at the cabin 7/10

Interesting plot and characters. A gay couple and their adopted daughter are forced to voluntarily sacrifice someone in order to save the world from total apocalypse. A knock at their cabin is where their terrifying ordeal began.

7. victorrr

victorrr Fapstronaut

God's not dead 4

1/10

Brain-Police and onceaking like this.
  8. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

I give Taxi Driver a 10/10, but everyone has different taste. It still holds up against time, that is a test of a good movie.

Brain-Police likes this.
  9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I can only imagine how bad that was. Lol!

10. The Thing. Watched it for the first time in years. 9/10.

Brain-Police likes this.
  11. victorrr

victorrr Fapstronaut

Yes, the 1 is for them having the courage to put such a monstrosity together.

onceaking likes this.
  12. goldiz

goldiz New Fapstronaut

Evil Dead 2 8/10 - As over the top and fun as I remember it. "Groovy!"

13. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Turning Red
    3/10

The concept behind it was a good idea but most of the main characters were so annoying. About 30 minutes in I skipped until the end.

Mr. Unhappy and One Eyed Owl like this.
  14. KokoEle

KokoEle Fapstronaut

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
    4.5/5

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  15. goldiz

goldiz New Fapstronaut

Ronin (1998) 9/10
    Its been a while since I've watched this and have been waiting for the 4k remaster. Safe to say it did not disappoint.
    Loved the car chases and seeing the cool 90s cars again. Even spotted a Rover 600. DiNiro as cool as ever.

16. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Selena Gomez My Mind & Me
    10/10

I don't care much for celebrities but I heard this film dealt with mental health issues so I thought I'd give it a watch. It was a brave film for someone like Selena to make since she's so vulnerable in it. Towards the end of the film, there's a scene where she's sitting on a couch crying talking about how her dream in life was to be a mother and have a family which hasn't achieved. You also see how stressful and exhausting doing interviews and publicity can be. I found myself relating to some of her mental health issues such as not being good enough and wanting to please people.

Mr. Unhappy likes this.
  17. tsukuyomi16

tsukuyomi16 Fapstronaut

The Shining - 10/10 first time watching it

18. AbelHimself

AbelHimself Fapstronaut

Silent Night (2023) 6/10.

Mom, can we stop and get John Wick?
    -We have Jonh Wick at home

It's still decent and watchable if you lower your expectations.

{Ananta} likes this.
  19. terrasoar

terrasoar Fapstronaut

You posted that at 3:33 to point out the obvious.

When I binge I feel like I start going crazy like Jack in that

{Ananta} and tsukuyomi16 like this.
  20. tsukuyomi16

tsukuyomi16 Fapstronaut

Definitely, many modes of guilt are brought out by that film. A binge is like isolating yourself in an empty and remote winter hotel. What atrocities you commit while in isolation depend on how long you stay there, its only a matter of time, so never go to that hotel.

Plus that's the first movie I saw with Shelly Duvall, shes cute.