1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Re committing to my routine

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Discerning_Dubearte, Jun 27, 2020.

1. i have been lifting weights for close to 6 years now. I have made a significant change in my physical appearance. Most of the time I have been lifting at least 3 days a week with few exceptions(injuries and other obligation)
    I have noticed I have several body parts that have been lacking behind, specially my calves, front and rear delts, upper chest and my traps. So I’m altering my routine to include extra work on those body parts. I will work calves on every day that they are not sore. My front delts and upper chest will get extra attention on chest day. My rear delts and traps will have the extra sets on back day. I have a very muscular look to me for my size but need to improve on those areas, I choose to pick those areas up since I consider them weak points in my physique.

Also I am always looking for any advice for potential routines or any thing that can be beneficial to my journey.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

The best tips for rear delts and upper chest, imo, can be found on John Meadows YouTube channel which is: mountaindog1.

So search "mountaindog1 rear delts" and "mountaindog1 upper chest" on YouTube.

Also, don't skimp on leg training, lol.

Good luck!

- Mark

3. It’s just my calves in compare to my quads, I have not put the intensity into them as my upper legs

4. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

You are on the right track with calf training. Hit them more often and try to go as heavy as you can for 8 to 12 reps.

5. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

For calves? Two words: interval sprints.

I'm one of those guys that has always worn jeans even in 90F degree weather because my calves were so skinny. Last year I started taking a day off weights and instead went to the local school running track and sprinted my ass off, 35 yards at a time with the walkback as rest, for about 20 minutes. Those mofos started blowing up, to the point my wife even commented. Thickness, definition, veins popping out, the whole bit. I do deadlifts, squats and leg press calf raises too but none of those do as much for my legs and especially my calves as sprinting. The weather where I live doesn't allow me to do it year round (arctic cold with snow in the winter, tropical heat in the summer), but as often as conditions allow in the temperate seasons I make sprinting part of my weekly routine. P.S. it will spike your libido too.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020