1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Read or heard a book, comics challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Revanthegrey, Jun 9, 2022.

Do you want to keep the audiobook section?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Hi

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Books Read (2022) | Leisure Reading
    1. The dry by Jane Harper.
    2. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides.
    3. Atomic Habits by James Clear.
    4. Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson.
    5. Pax Indica by Shashi Tharoor (Ch1/11).

50 days to read the book tracker
    Day 11
    1. Academic Book1 : 264/1016
    2. Academic Book2 : 120/544.

Days left: 39
    Min. Required Pages to be read Daily
    1. 20
    2. 11

Lucifer. and Revanthegrey like this.
  2. Finally completed Book 6 of the Chronicles of Narnia series. Now onto the final one!

3. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

@Lucifer. hey comrade what are your thoughs about the silver chair ?.
    After i read it, i didn't want to continue the chronicles, because the story was slow , the important parts are into the end.
    It was entertaiment specially when Aslan talks or appears,but i was expecting more:emoji_sweat_smile: .

The one i maybe give a chance is The magician's nephew but i don't know.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    ConstantineReboot likes this.
  4. You're right, it's slow, and I didn't feel it added anything to the overall story. It seemed like a filler. There wasn't anything new about Aslan. Eustace was dull, and Jill was boring. I didn't particularly care about Prince Rilian, and the Witch was a pointless addition, quickly killed, which left me wondering why she was even in the story in the first place.

I really enjoyed The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It actually made me want to read me more, and the ending really appealed to my imagination. Definitely my favourite out of all of them.

The Magician's Nephew (Book 1) was a decent read, and helped set things up. Surprisingly maybe, but I didn't like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

5. So I spent the morning and most of my afternoon reading the final book of the Chronicles of Narnia series. A decent book, but a bit of a rushed ending, although if you like the ethereal, religious stuff, the ending will appeal greatly.

Now to decide what to read next.

6. I've started a non-fiction book. 'Barca: The Making of The Greatest Team In The World' by Graham Hunter.

7. Sirius White

Sirius White Fapstronaut

4th book just finished; On Writing by Stephen King

Revanthegrey and Lucifer. like this.
  8. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

I will try to read academics books acording to my goals , that helps too.
    At least some pages
    upload_2022-10-22_16-26-55.png

9. Struggling to get through my non-fiction football book. The chapters are just so long and repetitive. Think I'm going to stick to one chapter a day until I finish it, and in the meantime, read a horror short story anthology to keep my mind in the world of fiction.

10. Sirius White

Sirius White Fapstronaut

5th finished book: The House of the Dead by Fyodor Dostoevsky

The seeker and Revanthegrey like this.
  11. The seeker

The seeker Fapstronaut

I like this challenge but I find it difficult to complete properly. I'm very disorganised and I usually read 4 to six books in one go which quite often results in me taking 4-6 weeks to just complete one book and then seemingly completed all ,4 to 6 in one day.

12. The seeker

The seeker Fapstronaut

Good on you. It's a fantastic book isn't it? I am a big fan of his work. I know he is hard going but the insights are well worth the struggle.

13. Sirius White

Sirius White Fapstronaut

Yes, it is a good book and was compared to his longer novels an easier smooth read. Still have "Demons" of him here in my shelf, waiting to be finally read. I have added Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn´s "The Gulag Archipelago" to my list also.

Until then, my 6th book was "Mephisto" by Klaus Mann.

14. The seeker

The seeker Fapstronaut

Demons is very good but really hard going, even by his standards. Gulag Archipelago I have never read but heard great things about it.

15. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

I will put the ranks on the principal page .
    @Smirre congrats for reach Advance I

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    Smirre and ConstantineReboot like this.
  16. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

17. Had been travelling a lot and was occupied in multiple engagements. Gonna resume the endeavour from today.

Updated some of the books in the list above.

P.S. : There were some others books as well that I started reading but gonna update them later as and when the ones mentioned above are completed.

Smirre and Revanthegrey like this.
  18. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

19. Thanks a lot, mate. :) And again, many thanks for this thread where one can track their progress. :D

Smirre and Revanthegrey like this.
  20. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Let's gooo :emoji_raised_hands::emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend::emoji_books:

ConstantineReboot likes this.