1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Real estate investing

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jrmz94, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

Is there anyone here that invest in real estate? One of my goals is to make money investing real estate hence why I'm on nofap. I get distracted easily on social media. But since I started nofap (Day 4) I notice how much of a waste of time social media is.

2. DM me and ill get you started but making money in real estate is a long and boring process. At least it should be Hahaha

ANewFocus and Jrmz94 like this.
  3. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

4. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

But I keep my game tight

5. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

It's easy: find a well priced housing in your town, sign the deal at the notary and ask for a bank loan, that must be profitable and reasonable for you obviously, take an insurance, homestage or not, then take hips-level pictures and put it in rent on some website. You can either get rents or profits if you flip your housing. That's up to you. Organization + Excel, that's it.

SpartanWarriorForLife likes this.
  6. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Yep
    I stop social media for 2 months now. Feel so much better.. the only thing good is advertising your own business the rest is all hollow.. people posing about their whole good life is unreal... people only pose all the good side but never the bad side...but then if you don’t say something or start liking their post or your comment something incorrectly they assume straight away you are jealous so the person either posing new and good stuff they will keep on making people either stalk them which waste amount of time... just delete the social media site if it has no means of having it. Just concentrate on your own goals never mind about the others. Once you achieve people will automatically give you respect ✊

7. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I am trying to buy my first income producing property, want to start small.

8. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

I can join

brassknucks likes this.
  9. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Here's a possibility I've been thinking of, might very well not come true:

Many are going to keep working from home even after the pandemic now that many are used to it. Most employees prefer it and employers can save money on needing to rent less office space.

This could lead to many empty office buildings, these could potentially be turned into housing, which could perhaps make real estate values go down.

Also, long term, we have sharply declining birth rates especially in the Western world and East Asia. This could lead to less need for housing.

I would be careful about investing in real estate, however, I don't have much of an understanding of real estate at all. Just some thoughts I've had from trends going on in the world.

10. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I've bought/renovated/sold two houses and make a good profit, trying to find a 3rd but the market is saturated here in the UK. Houses are selling so fast and above their value so not much to be made.

11. SpartanWarriorForLife

SpartanWarriorForLife Fapstronaut

" if it ain't about money money you ain't sayin nothing "
    ~ Fat Joe ~

12. @rm0uR

@rm0uR Fapstronaut

Me too am interested in investing in real estate.

13. vitekastrid

vitekastrid New Fapstronaut

Real estate investing is a great goal! I've dabbled in it a bit and found it rewarding.

14. Miracle25

Miracle25 New Fapstronaut

That's fantastic that you're diving into real estate investing! It's a great way to build wealth and achieve financial freedom. It's also interesting to hear how your journey with nofap has helped you focus more on your goals and recognize distractions like social media.
    Companies like https://axonproperties.ca/ offer a range of services related to property management and investment opportunities. They could be a valuable resource as you navigate the world of real estate investing.
    It's great to see you taking proactive steps towards your goals.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  15. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

I need some guidanc to this.Have property that haven't leased yet though need to make repairs before I can rent them.

16. Ghost️

Ghost️ Fapstronaut

Have you tried looking into property management companies in your area?

17. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

I just need guidance a little....

18. Ghost️

Ghost️ Fapstronaut

Yes. That was the guidance.

19. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

ok