1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

REAL TALK: the std/sti conversation

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by dukesoup, Jun 22, 2019.

1. dukesoup

dukesoup Fapstronaut

Hey all,
    I have HPV (the virus that carries genital warts). it was transmitted to me over a year ago and I have received treatment for a very small lesion near my glans. I will still forever be a carrier of the virus and am risk spreading it. In fact i know that I have spread it to at least a half dozen women because it has been too embarrassing to have that conversation. I realize now how insane this is because HPV can cause serious reproductive damage in women (cancers of the cervix and uterus).

If you have an STD/STI how do you go about having that conversation with a potential sexual partner? When is the best time to reveal this embarassing and disgusting fact about oneself? Is a normal sex life possible after contracting an STD?

I’m interested to hear what input you all have.

2. Believe me, for some messages there is NEVER a best time. Not before sex, not after, nor before breakfast nor after, not on the phone, not via textmessage, not when coming from the shower, nor in first class of United Airlines. Never.
    This helps to understand you can actually say it ANYTIME.
    As you know that you have spread it already to half a dozen women so far I‘d recommend you tell before your first time with her and discuss the matter, what protection possibilities there are. It makes you feel better and her. And if she should not wanna have sex with you at least she knows you care for her and have the balls to tell. Fear, I know. HIV here. Since mid80‘s.

3. Nandu23

Nandu23 Fapstronaut

I think it'd be better to disclose the fact sooner than later. And why not look for a partner who is HPV positive?

Addictedaddict and dukesoup like this.
  4. dukesoup

dukesoup Fapstronaut

5. dukesoup

dukesoup Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. This topic takes a lot of strength to talk about and I noticed there are not any threads on this forum talking of STDs. I want to hear from more men and women about their experience with STD/STI transmission and conversations they needed to have with their sexual partners. In the mean time here is a little more background on my situation. Feel free to read my journal if more context is desired.

I have a SO and am lucky she is still around (very supportive and beautiful woman). Even after 6-8 months in our relationship I had been hiding (lying about) my HPV. Thankfully I didn’t transmit the STI to her. However, after getting her pregnant twice and going thru abortions/miscarriages, the clinic found what may be cancerous cysts in her uterus. The soft scar tissue left there from previous abortions makes it easy for harmful cells to attach and begin developing into cancer. She has already been treated for cancer at least once and says she will not do it ever again. She told me she rather die young and beautiful than have to live thru chemotherapy.

I am having a really hard time forgiving myself although she has assured me it’s not only my fault. I have a hard time believing that because I wasnt strong enough to tell her I had HPV in the first place. Also I have committed many other atrocities upon her such as cheating, sexting and chatting with hundreds of women online, I hurt her physically, gripped by episodes of rage and broken doors, walls, furniture, and electronics. I am currently seeking assessment and treatment for my state of mental health - my first appointment with a psychiatric prescriber is tomorrow, actually! I am very excited though I am not wanting meds unless absolutely necessary (I have been medicated previously more than once in my life and have tried a dozen different meds but nothing has ever worked just right).

Even with condoms HPV has a chance of transmitting so I really feel fucked either way. Do I deserve a partner? Do I accept her support and in return provide mine? Or is it better to break up and heal separately? I dream of being on the beach listening to Jerry Garcia (inside joke, lol!).

I could really use any advice or input here fellas.

Thanks

6. TrueEarl

TrueEarl Fapstronaut

Thanks for helping me with a piece of good information. I didn't know about this. Now I will be more attentive to the opposite sex. But I can help you to maintain a conversation with other girls when you want to make some moves to another level of relationship when you should say about your disease. On this site https://icebreakerquestions.info , you will find some great questions and answers which help you to go to your fear point to speak about your disease. This helped me in my tense moments and I think it can help you too.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021