1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Really bad TV series and movie ADDICTION

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by shark, Mar 12, 2014.

1. shark

shark Fapstronaut

Hey!

so my nofap journey is going quite well so far. I am doing fine with fighting my addiction for P even though it is hard sometimes.

However my TV series/movies addiction is soo much harder to fight. I am sure you also know those often really great shows (the better the show, the more dopamin?!), breaking bad, the walking dead, game of thrones, you name it..

And I get so addicted to such series. It was so bad that after I finished watching one episode I could not stop and was searching for movies. I then ended up watching countless hours and afterwards always hated myself for wasting so much time. But this anxiety and guilt I felt for watching even made me watch more. It was so bad. Please also check my signature. I added it there, because I really need to remind myself of my progress so far.

when I was between the age of 12 to 18 I was relatively strong addicted to computer games. When I entered university however it stopped completely and apparently transformed into a TV series addiction.

I was wondering if anybody else here, is in a similar situation.

and I really want to know: why is it so damn addictive for me? I guess the reason is also Dopamin? I watched a show, and get a lot of dopamin and my brain wants to keep getting it?

I mean with P I understand why our brain likes it. It is this novelty of girls thing, which makes evolutionary sense.

But what the f*** does my brain like so much about these shows?! I am clean now for 17 days. but just last weekend my cravings were so bad, I really felt like I have to watch something. Just anything. It was really scary. I almost relapsed.

I tried to find information on the internet, but could not really find anything on the mechanisms which are going on in my brain.

thanks for reading!

shark

2. Pootis

Pootis Fapstronaut

Its like how some people can be addicted to anime, maybe for the possible reasons Anon Hymous stated above. I mean like them and they're fun to watch, but yea work and/or school need to be focused on. I definitely do not like writing:(